Malaga (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Was he injured this week? Can't see why we have daniels and thomas on the bench but not him?

PVA

they play in completely different positions. Brown was defensive cover on the bench. But yes I've a feeling he may be injured.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Different positions, assuming he was fit. Brown was picked ahead of him for the bench, probably because he can play more positions

Nick

Administrator
I know they are different positions but arent danies and thomas the same position?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know they are different positions but arent danies and thomas the same position?
Shaw decided he wanted extra midfield cover opposed to defence? Makes sense considering Barton is unfit and Jennings missed quite a bit of pre season. Also a midfielder is more likely to be able to change a game than a defender

Nick

Administrator
I guess so about midfield. I don't see how Malaga has slipped so far down the pecking order.

UNCLE MONTY

Shame Shaw doesn't use the subs until its too late. Stevenage made proactive substitutions and changed the game. Shaw is Thorn in disguise.

SuperCov

Bumping an old thread. Remember reading it but not heard anything.

Is Malaga injured? Or does Shaw not favour him at all, not even been on the bench for any of his league games.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Edge looked all at sea for the goals yesterday. Cameron & Malaga, anyone?

Gaz

Cameron definitely to come back into the team, for me.

I don't really rate either of the French lads as of yet.

Nonleagueherewecome

The Edge could prove to be the most over-rated City player on FM since Kevin Kyle..

PVA

Wood has to be first choice.

Edge looked great against Blues, but a little suspect since.

Maybe Brown deserves another go. He looks poor at RB, but looked reasonably solid at CB.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wood's looked fat, slow and clumsy aside from the Sheff U game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Incant imagine Malaga isn't rated as he looked decent in the fixtures he's played.

The Edge does seem to have more dodgy moments now than he did when he first came into the team.

I worry with Cameron that he'll get us playing long ball with no one up front to get the balls when he returns. But R's a bit fecker so if he ever asked me face to face if he deserves a start, I won't be saying anything negative :)

Woody hasn't been Mr Dependable that everyone was expecting to see.

So I guess they all have their negatives.

Brown doesn't even come into the equation for me. Definitely bottom of the pecking order IMO

Grendel

Malaga looked very suspect against Bury. That said I think he did ok against Sheffield and looks a threat at set pieces.

He probably deserves another go. Wood looks fat? Really?

Grendel

Did he lose weight just for the Sheffield game - bit like Di Nero in Raging Bull?

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe he's binged since it? On his salary, he could afford to. I find it hard to believe that anyone can deem his performances acceptable: our highest paid player, the man many of us thought should have been selected as captain-utterly abysmal. If we talk about our budget and say "it's enough to get us up"-as Fishey is-then the man most culpable for the fact that it isn't is Richard Wood.

Users who are viewing this thread