Maguire-Drew (1 Viewer)

Bristol sky blue

Injured or dropped out of squad yesterday?
Appears to have great close control but leaves us wide open on right flank because he doesn't track back properly.

Not having a pop at him at all, think he's got quality & will play a decent role in our squad for rest of season. If Robins did drop him, I think that's good management because it sends a clear signal that working as part of a solid team unit is vital.

JMD faces a fight to get back in the team now that Bayliss has been moved out to accomodate Kelly back in the side. Great that we have options / decent back up now (but I still reckon we need a striker on loan, purely as back up for Biamou, not to replace him).

Pusb1

He was out celebrating at the end yesterday when all the players came over to the fans... was in a tracksuit and was still geting lots of MR hugs!

Seemed to have quite a hobble when he was walking.. so assume it's a little knock.. nothing more

matesx

assume Davies had a knock too?

must've been gutted to miss the game

It’s very encouraging to see we have a bit strength in depth concrete Rod in for Davies, Kelly in for JMD. Credit to Robins for putting this squad together and dealing with the owners. No chance of them going as long as we keep this cup run going but again it shows what a sleeping giant we are. The best away support of the round by a long way. West Ham being next with 4,500. Good times, better times not far away if the parasites eventually do one!

Hobo

"Doesnt track back properly" was a criticism of his performances at Lincoln; but hey he is young and is on loan to learn and develop. Players at Liverpool were guilty of not tracking back yesterday so he is not alone.

Nick

Administrator
A bit of a fuss is being made about him returning, Farndon mentioned how he is now fit and ready and Robins this morning.

I would have thought he would have been sent back to Brighton at this stage in the season? Robins has said he isn't quite right still.

Unless he is going to throw him in for Morecambe?

Nick

Administrator
The only way I can see him making a massive difference is now that JCH is here. JMD can stand and whip crosses in all day every day but our issue is getting near them.

jordan210

JMD has a lot of talent and could be useful in the last few games for us.

I’m just not sure he knows how to use his talent/desire too.

Nick

Administrator
During the Stoke game he played really well, there was another one where he seemed to be seeing passes that nobody reacted to but it made him look shit. The others he was shocking.

The other thing is that he can put a decent corner in.

better days

we are currently playing centre mid youth players outwide. its defintiley worth a shot
That's a good point
JMD was good in the Stoke game and Dagenham fans loved him when he took over from JJ there
I suppose it's a typical young player issue of physically and perhaps mentally not being able to consistently perform week in week out
He definitely offers something we haven't had since JJ was injured
Two games left
Not much to lose

Otis

That's a good point
JMD was good in the Stoke game and Dagenham fans loved him when he took over from JJ there
I suppose it's a typical young player issue of physically and perhaps mentally not being able to consistently perform week in week out
He definitely offers something we haven't had since JJ was injured
Two games left
Not much to lose
Just the two?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread