Luke Thomas Loan (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

Frank Lampard has said on Derby County TV that he is happy for Luke to stay until the end of the season.

Thanks Frank
Is that a new interview? A couple of days ago he said a decision hadn't been made but he'd probably be staying on loan, which I thought was an ominously carefully worded statement to make.

SkyBlueCRJ

He said he was happy for him too stay out on loan, Not sure whether it's with us or someone else though. Fingers crossed

If Derby are looking to loan Thomas to the highest bidder then there's no chance of us extending his stay here. However, I genuinely believe Derby and Lampard hold Thomas' development higher than quick cash. Therefore, I see no reason why they wouldn't want him to stay here for the remainder of the season given that he's getting consistent game time, is clearly developing nicely already in his short time with us and has huge support of the vast majority of our fanbase.

So, it may come down to a bidding war but I'd like to think that given Lampard's ethos of giving young players a chance that he'd realise that leaving Thomas exactly where he is, is the best thing for his career.

oucho

Thomas is better than Hazard though and Hazard would be warming the bench at best.

And better than Kwame Thomas who was a "hazard" when it came to our ability to score goals.

mrtrench

Mark Robins not there today hopefully he is dealing
giphy.gif

Otis

Maybe someone overheard Robins saying he needs some speed and the next thing you know our manager's been offered some dodgy deals down back alleys in blacked-out windowed cars .

Adge

Good news. Now we just need some half decent on the other side

Users who are viewing this thread