Lovely football Today ?! (1 Viewer)

Ashdown1

I know its New Year and all that but we played a lot of Champagne football without the cognac finish !! Great to watch some of the quality and the precision passing but in this league you also have to have a cutting edge. Lets not be despondent though, this team will will soon be back on its feet !!

Otis

I thought we played well too. just lacked sharpness in front of goal.

DMC had an off day and we suffered because of it, cos no-one else stepped up to the plate, though both Leon Clarke and McShuff can consider themselves very unfortunate.

Ashdown1

In truth and credit where credit is due, Graham Taylor did a good job with his team today, Shrewsbury pressed well and were very organised, their support was good at this level too. We could and should have put them to the sword about 7-3 all told I think but that's football. If I was Mark Robins I wouldn't smash them up, but I'd be reminding them that there is a long way to go and if we want to succeed we have to be more clinical at home and stop thinking we have made it already. We were the better team as we were earlier on in the season against the likes of Yeovil, Bury and Carlisle etc but we have moved on now and surely must achieve at least one goal in a game like that now !!
We'll be back soon
PUSB !!

LB87ccfc

I thought Shrewsbury came with a game plan and stuck to it, they hurried and pressed us, got tight to the midfield and two banks of four worked very hard, yes we had a fair few chances and on another day, we could of been 2-3 ahead, but saying that, they had the clearer chances with the main striker missing a gilt edged chance first half when they fired it across goal.
Overall, a little bit too much side to side and not enough ball into feet today and not much counter paced forward play, but we will go again, lets hope for a response vs Preston in JPT and the all important 3 points up in Cumbria next week after the nothing to lose game at spurs. PUSB

Chinny_Hill

I know its New Year and all that but we played a lot of Champagne football without the cognac finish !! Great to watch some of the quality and the precision passing but in this league you also have to have a cutting edge. Lets not be despondent though, this team will will soon be back on its feet !!

Yes this cutting edge thing.Why dont we look at the team that has scored the most goals in the division for some inspiration!

Otis

In truth and credit where credit is due, Graham Taylor did a good job with his team today, Shrewsbury pressed well and were very organised, their support was good at this level too. We could and should have put them to the sword about 7-3 all told I think but that's football. If I was Mark Robins I wouldn't smash them up, but I'd be reminding them that there is a long way to go and if we want to succeed we have to be more clinical at home and stop thinking we have made it already. We were the better team as we were earlier on in the season against the likes of Yeovil, Bury and Carlisle etc but we have moved on now and surely must achieve at least one goal in a game like that now !!
We'll be back soon
PUSB !!

What the hell did Graham Taylor have to do with it? Is he Graham Turner's assistant? :thinking about:

Mucca Mad Boys

Its just one game. We have to expect the odd bilp here and there along the way. Sure we will make the playoffs and go up that way.....although im always optimistic when city are involved lol

To a team we should've beat and who hadn't won away, before today.

covcity4life

i dont think we played well

gave up 3-4 gilt edge chances and our passing wasnt there today,alot of sideways movement i felt.

wingy

A distinct lack of directness compared to other games recently ,very ponderous working the ball forward ,overworking the ball,by directness I don't mean lumping it which is what happened an awful lot yesterday,keep it on the deck City ,you're much better for it.

stupot07

A distinct lack of directness compared to other games recently ,very ponderous working the ball forward ,overworking the ball,by directness I don't mean lumping it which is what happened an awful lot yesterday,keep it on the deck City ,you're much better for it.

Yep, agree with that wingy. It really frustrated me when Clarke came on and we had the ball out wide that instead of getting a nice early cross in they would cut back inside and try and pass it through. Baker and Christie were the most guilty of this.

Users who are viewing this thread