Louis Moult anyone? (1 Viewer)

Seeing as we're throwing around non-league names, thought i may as well throw my cap into the ring. What about Louis Moult? Great young striker from Nuneaton. Seen him on a number of occasions at Liberty Way and never fails to impress. Great scoring record, scored 17 goals in 43 appreances for Boro last term, hardly ever gets injured, played for England C team before, just 22 years old, a product of Stoke City's academy and i reckon we could get him for between 50-80K. Low wages too. Also he played for Northmapton a couple of seasons ago so he knows Shitfields and the surrounding dump, sorry, area very well. Any takers?

Skyblueweeman

How did he do at Nothampton Liam, why didn't they keep him? Genuine questions.

Know nothing of the lad but if he's tried at this level before and not made, I'm not sure it's worth the pennies.

Could be Northamptons style didn't suit him and ours would but we need to ensure that we're getting our signings spot on this Summer.

WM

Scored 2 goals in 17 games for Northampton in his only season with the club. He was loaned to Boro halfway thru the season and scored once in 17 games. He was released after 1 season and went to Nuneaton full time, scored 17 goals in 42 league matches this season

Norman Binns

We might as well sign Ted Moult to be honest. The words "fit" and "best" spring to mind.

tom88

What about Andre Gray at Luton ex Hinckley United.....What are peoples thoughts on Akinfenwa?

RegTheDonk

Lads, I know it's the harsh reality talking about this, but it's SO fucking depressing. Discussing if someone ex Hinkley or Nuneaton can do a job for us. How low have we sunk ffs.

Because Boothroyd lost the plot last summer and thought that Roy O'Donovan and Clive Platt would supply the firepower to get us promoted!
Moult always looked promising and when we let him go I had a feeling it might be a decision we would regret (a bit like when we released a young Steve Morison).

mark82

Lads, I know it's the harsh reality talking about this, but it's SO fucking depressing. Discussing if someone ex Hinkley or Nuneaton can do a job for us. How low have we sunk ffs.

Not sure why these 2 things correlate. I think it has more to do with the amount of gems to come out of non league in recent years. Everyone wants to think they have spotted the next one.

RegTheDonk

Not sure why these 2 things correlate. I think it has more to do with the amount of gems to come out of non league in recent years. Everyone wants to think they have spotted the next one.

You are probably right Mark. It just depresses me that we have to find a gem and hopefully he'll make it at L1 level. Doesn't exactly make the casual fan think wow, top scorer for the Nuns .... think i'll buy a season ticket.

paulw

Sorry Reg because I always enjoy your posts but here lies the problem with football. We always had a great scouting network and many of CCFC greats came from non-league or lower league clubs.()Houchen, Regis, Stephens, Oggy, Pearce) Now people frown on such players. If we sign a numpty from Belguim, Holland or France we are so happy because the name seems exotic.
Football fans are so inconsistant. In their lives they vote UKIP and want foreigners out the country but they want a team of foreign named players who have played for some French Div3 team. Yet, they don't want to risk the chance to find another Ricky Lambert. I think Moult is a great risk to take. He lives in the area, has a strong desire to succeed and scores goals wherever he's been.

Hobo

Sorry Reg because I always enjoy your posts but here lies the problem with football. We always had a great scouting network and many of CCFC greats came from non-league or lower league clubs.()Houchen, Regis, Stephens, Oggy, Pearce) Now people frown on such players. If we sign a numpty from Belguim, Holland or France we are so happy because the name seems exotic.
Football fans are so inconsistant. In their lives they vote UKIP and want foreigners out the country but they want a team of foreign named players who have played for some French Div3 team. Yet, they don't want to risk the chance to find another Ricky Lambert. I think Moult is a great risk to take. He lives in the area, has a strong desire to succeed and scores goals wherever he's been.

Why not indeed.

The Gentleman

Hi Paul, can you ask your mate in the canteen who is next on the list of targets please?

ollyservetta

rather give this lad a go than have Clarke back ,from what lift tower says sounds like Northampton made a mistake by letting him go with out a fair crack at it

NorthernWisdom

Because Boothroyd lost the plot last summer and thought that Roy O'Donovan and Clive Platt would supply the firepower to get us promoted!
Moult always looked promising and when we let him go I had a feeling it might be a decision we would regret (a bit like when we released a young Steve Morison).

tbf, he lost the plot with us signing them first, so it proved his mentalism when he went for a double dip!

Colin1883

Know nothing of the lad but if he's tried at this level before and not made, I'm not sure it's worth the pennies.

Could be Northamptons style didn't suit him and ours would but we need to ensure that we're getting our signings spot on this Summer.

WM

What ever happened to that city reject sturidge?

RegTheDonk

Paul, yep I get what you're saying mate. Undoubtedly we have had a few good 'uns over the years. The depressing thing is we HAVE to go down this route. No longer can we afford or attract someone who's young and is doing it in the top leagues (unless its loaning some kid who needs experience, or some has been winding down), because of Coventry City's current status. And if we do get someone like Moult who can "step up" and is successful, we'll always be under pressure to cash him in to a "bigger" club.

Sky Blue Harry H

What about Andre Gray at Luton ex Hinckley United.....What are peoples thoughts on Akinfenwa?

Couldn't afford Andre Gray's wages and he'll be playing in front of circa 7-8,000 at Luton versus ???? at Sixfields. Not going to happen.

Gaz

I've watched a lot of Nuneaton last season with us not playing at the Ricoh and I have got to say the team did really well at times, Moult included.
But he isn't the Answer for us imo, although I can see him leaving the Boro to play in league two.

Astute

The biggest change from the days of the players mentioned is the internet. Before these players had to be scouted. Gems could be found. These days you can watch how a player scores goals, goes past players, does incredible saves and find out who's wife he has been shagging from the comfort of your own home.

saltaire bantam

I know this kid. :D Big things were expected of him at Stoke and he was loaned to us 3 seasons ago, we trying to stay in the football league so it just wasn't the time for him and instead of displaying his silky skills at VP in front of 12000 as he had expected to, he was doing it in the reserves at Eccleshill United's ground in front of 50 people.

That ground is near my house and I've followed his career because he had a fantastic attitude, rarely seen a striker work harder. Hard to say why he has ended up in non-league but I'd bet on him playing higher for somebody.

Users who are viewing this thread