Loudest Play Up Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Just casually browsing Birmingham's forum and was interested in a thread about the loudest 'Keep right on'.

Which is the loudest rendition of PUSB which you can remember?

Skyblueweeman

I'm gutted as my Sky+ Box f*&ked up recently so had to re-set it and lost everything on my planner. I had recorded the Gillingham 'homecoming' game to re-watch the next day and on about 56 mins I think it was, there was a rendition of the Sky Blue Song and it I remembered it from the night before.

Watching it back literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Pretty surreal actually. That's the one that sticks out for me.

brinner

After we won the cup while the team was walking round the pitch at the end, the BBC version I have taped does it perfectly and you can hear it while the grandstand music is on at the end which is perfectly times as the fans cry out CITY!!! CITY!! at the end as the credits end at the same time :D

pusbccfc

The Gillingham game was a great atmosphere, but I don't think there was one real great rendition.

The Blackburn game in 08 for me was the best at the Ricoh alongside the JPT game against Preston.

Qwerty70

Easily the most unified was Spurs Away 1997 after the Middlesbrough & Sunderland games had finished. 4500 voices at their loudest.....awesome.

Ashdown

Some of these shouts are quite funny. At the Ricoh it has to be either Gillingham or Blackburn in the Cup, at HR with all seats Man Utd 3-2, 2-1 v Villa, with terracing West Ham 1981 cup semi, v Forest 0-0, 1978, Cup v Liverpool 0-2 1977, away at West Brom 1982 Cup 0-2, away Birmingham League 2-1, 1983. Must be loads of others under low roof terraces with a stack of away fans in the 80's mainly.

pusbccfc

[video=youtube;iW8kxeDeXDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8kxeDeXDI[/video]

Walsall away season just gone. Top rendition.

westofrayne

1987 - Quarter final v Sheff Wed (15k-18.5K - depending on who you listen too), just at the end of half time, someone had a trumpet in the crowd, played the first few notes, and it took off, after the game the players said that they heard it in the dressing room, George and John didn't need to say anything after that.

Amazing noise, still remember the and the singing like it was yesterday

rupert_bear

I have witnessed many Huddersfield away 1966, last match won 2-0 thinking that had secured promotion to the top flight but got pipped by Southampton, fans massed in both ends (it's on YouTube somewhere), West Ham home in that memorable semi coming from 2 down. Hillsborough twice in cup-final year, Spurs away last match survival, Villa in the cup win. Hardly anything at the Ricoh yet, maybe this year ?

Users who are viewing this thread