Lottery (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

going up to two pound. Cheeky fookas, might just hang up my useless numbers now.:thinking about:

They can't really blame inflation, seeing as there is very little cost involved. The shops that have the lottery pay £10k to get the equipment installed.

I would happily chuck a quid on if I was in there buying a Mars Bar (Other confectionary products are available) but I wouldn't if it's raised to £2.

SkyBlueScottie

Stopped playing lotto since the Euro's started so makes no odds to me, think some of the hysteria about it is a tad over the top though. Personally I think this is part of a wider plan to drop lotto and replace it with the Euro's

going up to two pound. Cheeky fookas, might just hang up my useless numbers now.:thinking about:

Broke the habit two years ago -was costing me £50 per month up until then.

Started in 1994 so that's 17 years (up to 2011) x 12 months x £50 = £10,200 !!!!

I did actually win 250 x £10 + 4 x £60 = £2740 !!!!

Nett Loss = £7,460

Moral of all this - don't chase the 14,000,000 / 1 odds of the jackpot - there's only one winner and it certainly wasn't me

Still check my old numbers and have no hang ups if they win because if you are not in it you can't win it

Covstu

i normally play and put a quid on a week, maybe £3 if there is a euro rollover. It would deter me playing especially for only £4m jackpot (not worth getting out of bed for!).

LastGarrison

Halving the 5 numbers and a bonus ball payout to 50k is a bit wrong as well.

Got to admit although I wouldn't complain if I won it does seem a bit short priced considering the odds of it coming up.

Saying that old muggins here will still continue to play each week. :facepalm:

Covstu

This may be counter-intuitive but your odds of winning are actually lower during a rollover week than they are normally!

Don't ask me to explain but someone on a website ran a computer simulation which proved it.

take your word for it but you just have to try when its £100M don't ya!!!

rob9872

This may be counter-intuitive but your odds of winning are actually lower during a rollover week than they are normally!

Don't ask me to explain but someone on a website ran a computer simulation which proved it.

Dear oh dear

Skyblueloyal

I have only played for the last two years and I won loads of £10 only play Saturday do £3 so I guess I going to keep playing as me my wife wife and daughter have a line each

lordsummerisle

Back in 1997 I got 5 numbers, about £2200, which was nice, but one more number and would have been a millionaire.

Think that that maybe was my one chance at a big money win, probably won about 80 quid in total since!

SuperCov

How could odds of winning be less because there is more money to win? If the odds are 14m/1 to get all the numbers for 10m, it'll be the same for 100m. The only difference could be that more tickets are bought, but that just changes your chances of winning. Or am I being a total dumb ass here.

Nick

Administrator
How could odds of winning be less because there is more money to win? If the odds are 14m/1 to get all the numbers for 10m, it'll be the same for 100m. The only difference could be that more tickets are bought, but that just changes your chances of winning. Or am I being a total dumb ass here.

Surely it doesnt affect your chances of winning just you might need to share it as 2 people can have the same numbers?

dutchman

It's true that the odds of forecasting a winning line remain the same but the amount that you can win varies significantly.

It's a long time since I read the article but as far as I remember the increase in prize money in a rollover week is less than the increase in the number of tickets sold so the return on each £1 invested is lower.

Put another way if you were to buy a £1 ticket only during rollover weeks, on average you would see a lower return than if you were to buy a £1 ticket only in non-rollover weeks.

This is the exact opposite of what I had assumed before reading the article.

Users who are viewing this thread