Looking forward to my humble pie (1 Viewer)

Macca

I starting to think that AT is turning the corner. I won t take back my criticisms of what he did for the first half of the season but he really does seem to be doing one of the main duties of his job well and that is getting the team playing with passion and motivation. I was really happy with the attacking intent shown last night and pray that we employ this tactic against forest. I think the managerial debate has been done to death and it's time to get behind thorn and the team now we are in with a shout. I will be more than happy for my doubts about the manager to be unfounded come may

Astute

There are a couple of hats that will need to be eaten soon as well :claping hands:

ccfcway

one win from 2 pens, and he's turning the corner. On monday we should have been replacing him for someone who could motivate the team and ensure they werent letting in last min goals.....

Lets see the comments after saturday afternoon

Macca

one win from 2 pens, and he's turning the corner. On monday we should have been replacing him for someone who could motivate the team and ensure they werent letting in last min goals.....

Lets see the comments after saturday afternoon

Since Xmas you would have to say a corner has been turned compared to what went before

ccfcway

Boxing day we were 5 points off the 4th bottom team...

today we are 6, with teams below having games in hand

Grendel

I starting to think that AT is turning the corner. I won t take back my criticisms of what he did for the first half of the season but he really does seem to be doing one of the main duties of his job well and that is getting the team playing with passion and motivation. I was really happy with the attacking intent shown last night and pray that we employ this tactic against forest. I think the managerial debate has been done to death and it's time to get behind thorn and the team now we are in with a shout. I will be more than happy for my doubts about the manager to be unfounded come may

Have you ever watched Stepford Wives?

torchomatic

Otis

My main worry about last night was the fact that Thorn ditched the diamond because he had to ditch the diamond. He had to field that side as there was no-on else. I think his hands were tied. Hopefully his hands will be tied again on Saturday.

coop

We seem to play better when we play with a quick tempo instead of the slow build up play when clingan is in the middle playing balls back and sideways.Norwood last night played the ball forward with pace and it helped the likes of Nimley who I thought got frustrated in the first half at reading as he was making runs but not receiving the ball quick enough.

Otis

Also, not playing the diamond enables us to play at a quicker tempo too.

Oh, and the Stepford Wives is about a load of robot housewives.

Grendel

No sounds a bit gay. Go on...

Brainwashing. Women with their own minds suddenly transformed into subservient housewives...be careful.

ExmouthNeil

If we do or don't stay up of the managers we've had in the past 6 years this is the man I've wanted to succeed more that any.... Because all the rest have done something at other clubs BUT not hear..... AT is the first untried manager we've had for a long time and has had to work in bar far and away the worst circumstances but has held his head high through it all.....

Even if it all goes tits up and he moves on I for one will always have a soft spot for him because he may not be the most experienced or best manager BUT at least he's given it his all.....

GOOD LUCK TO HIM AND THE PLAYER FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON......

PUSB............. I'm Behind you all the way!!!!!

Macca

Brainwashing. Women with their own minds suddenly transformed into subservient housewives...be careful.

Far from it. I still think he is tactically inept and has been a reason for where we are but as you said on another thread he isn t going anywhere and one thing you can t put a price on is having the team fighting and showing passion at times like this. And albeit late in the day form is improved over the last couple of months

dongonzalos

Macca a man with a football brain

Macca totally agree with you, very mature and educated view. You are clearly a man with some football knowledge

dongonzalos

I was starting to worry that it was just me that thinks he is installing pride passion and playing attractive football after been put in a shocking situation by the owners. You have restored my faith that the people on here with the negative comments are just the usual bunch who moan in what ever situation they face in life. They are the glass half empty brigade who need a serious reality check.

Thanks Macca and others with ositive posts on her PUSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

oakey

Point of information...
Stepford Wives is about a bunch of men who murder their normal wives and replace them with subservient androids

Macca

I was starting to worry that it was just me that thinks he is installing pride passion and playing attractive football after been put in a shocking situation by the owners. You have restored my faith that the people on here with the negative comments are just the usual bunch who moan in what ever situation they face in life. They are the glass half empty brigade who need a serious reality check.

Thanks Macca and others with ositive posts on her PUSB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

To be fair I still have misgivings about his management ability but I don t see the the need to set up rival camps about it. It just leads to people being more concerned about who is right or wrong. What I can t stand is after a game the first thread being a told you so post depending on whether we win or lose. I would happily have seen him replaced up until recently but at this stage it may unsettle the team and be counter productive. Also 4 wins from last 5 home games. Even I have to give him credit for that. This is a massive few months and we have to unite

Colonel Mustard

Also 4 wins from last 5 home games. Even I have to give him credit for that.

The first 15 games of the season we averaged 0.8 points per game.
After 31 games of the season we are averaging 0.8 points per game.

4 wins from 5 home games may look impressive, but five losses in the last seven (0.75 per game) looks equally unimpressive.

Get behind the team by all means, but I think we all need to be aware of how we've been as flat as a pancake under AT's stewardship for some considerable time, up to and including the present.

rob9872

The truth was that he had very little choice early on in the season. Sure he made plenty of mistakes as all novice managers do, but unfortunately he never had any quality to help paper over any of those cracks and you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. Therefore its hardly coincidental that the reverse is true when we bring in two players of outstanding quality. They may be kids, but kids we could never afford and have lifted the whole feeling around the place. Others are starting to perform and believe alongside them.

Astute

4 wins from 5 home games may look impressive, but five losses in the last seven (0.75 per game) looks equally unimpressive.

4 wins in last 9 games. This is 1.33 points per game.

We can all play with numbers. 4 wins in last 9 games, the previous 22 games gave us 2 wins. This to me shows we have turned a corner with results. Shows what a bit of quality in your squad can do.

Grendel

We can all play with numbers. 4 wins in last 9 games, the previous 22 games gave us 2 wins. This to me shows we have turned a corner with results. Shows what a bit of quality in your squad can do.

Oscar Morgensten strikes again!

Colonel Mustard

Just seen this post, and I kinda addressed it in another thread. If you get into microanalysis then yes, you can play with numbers. You can say we average 1.5 points-per-game over the last two games or whatever.

But across the entire season...both halves of the season...both of the most recent quarters...we are dreadfully consistent. And you failed to add any commentary to your microanalysis which really is essential (e.g. home win rate is likely unsustainable and will result in overall points drop v any likely improvements in away form; last win was courtesy of outlier event of two penalties including one in the last minute etc).

Today's thump back to earth was inevitable. I'm struggling to think what it will take for you to take off the AT goggles.

Users who are viewing this thread