looking for something to do (1 Viewer)

1940 oldfive

looking for something to do while waiting for the rush of signings,who would you say where the two best signings for city,taking in to account initial cost and length of service. I will show my age by naming Curtis and farmer for starters, how I wish we had them playing now.:wave:

Grendel

Terry Gibson and Trevor peake if limited to two. I could have gone for many others Keith houchen is a close third.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Dion Dublin - almost a CCFC England World Cup striker, which seems an epoch ago right now
Peter Ndlovu - the epitome of an edge of the seat player. Can't remember one since who's time on he ball was so interesting. In so many ways!?!

Grendel

One things for sure they will all be from the past -- Cody McDonald anyone?

I'mARealWizard

I read that as last two signings at first, and really struggled to remember our last two players that we signed.

It was this season, wasn't it?

Grendel

Yeah good call - Oggy does it for me.

Sterling Archer

Dion Dublin - Made £3.75m on him and had him for the best years of his playing career and was a very large reason we managed to stay in the Prem and sometimes compete.
George Boateng - Best Midfielder I saw in a City shirt, signed for £300k, sold for £5m. Was an energetic box to box midfielder for us and later turned into a brilliant defensive midfielder at other clubs when his legs went.

lordsummerisle

Dion Dublin - almost a CCFC England World Cup striker, which seems an epoch ago right now
Peter Ndlovu - the epitome of an edge of the seat player. Can't remember one since who's time on he ball was so interesting. In so many ways!?!

Would agree with both of those, and Ndlovu has to be one of the best bargains, only £10,000 i think from Bulawayo Bullets?

Remember a screamer he scored at Highfield Road in a dire game against Wimbledon(we still lost 2-1 i think), but a brilliant goal, watching Match of the Day for the Goal of the Month, and not there at all amongst the tap ins for Manchester United and Liverpool, called them pissed and picked A - Peter Ndlovu, B- Peter Ndlovu, C- Peter Ndlovu.

Didn't get me anywhere though.

Huckerby great for us too, don't understand why not given more credit by City fans, one of the all time best.

Sterling Archer

Yep, especially considering he (Huckerby) never even wanted to leave the club. Gave me some of my most exciting moments watching Coventry in the mid to late 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread