Looking at the gates in league 1 yesterday.... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

.... if the two Sheffield sides go up we'll be the biggest club in that division (potential gates). Some pathetic gates of 3,000 etc

I guess we would fill the away ends. Don't expect many teams to bring more than a few hundred to our place if we drop. MK aside.

Otis

And this is at the business end of the season when many teams are playing for promotion or play-off positions or in avoiding bottom 4 places.

The Ricoh Arena is empty enough as it is, in league 1 the place will be like a barren wasteland filled with a few thounsand people outnumbered by blue seats.

ccfcdan

Only guessing but with fewer away fans and some home fans giving up id imagine our attendance to average between 11000-12000 next season. Bad times!

Otis

This is why I said that many people won't go up the Ricoh on a wet Tuesday night in December to watch us play Carlisle.

Any of you been up the city for any of these cup ties we've had when there's been 4 or 5 thousand there? Talk about soulless and depressing. :eek:

A cold empty Ricoh is a horrible place to be.

This is why I said that many people won't go up the Ricoh on a wet Tuesday night in December to watch us play Carlisle.

Any of you been up the city for any of these cup ties we've had when there's been 4 or 5 thousand there? Talk about soulless and depressing. :eek:

Carlisle could be in the Championship next season, a more apt example would be Torquay.

The soothsayer

Pass me the gun...

After you claude, I bags it next, This supposed to be our leisure and enjoyment, SISU what is the fooking point of all this anymore? what good have you and are you doing in this city? for gods sake take your dead hand from around the throat of all of us.

Not much different than 16000 quiet fans IMO. I dont know whats worse empty seats or the empty souls.

Steve.B50

Stop all this, could be fun !
Do we curl up and die or fight till the last drop?
Win more than we loose, every club in the leage will want us at grounds as we will take most supporters.
I for one am going to try and go to every away game, some places I have never been, grounds to see, people to meet.
IF we do go down (Ithink we are already down) I for one am going to remain positive.

City till I die no choice it part of me

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread