Logan / Jake Paul / Mayweather Etc (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't get it, why is Mayweather entertaining these pair of pricks.

I know they are offering big money but surely he isn't just doing it for the payday?

It's a bit embarrassing, none of them are boxers but keep giving it loads to people and just offering millions.

TomRad85

I know they are offering big money but surely he isn't just doing it for the payday?

It's a bit embarrassing, none of them are boxers but keep giving it loads to people and just offering millions.
Floyd is all about the money, just so happened he was a damn fine boxer too. He's also a massive bellend. I'm not surprised he's entertaining it actually.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Adge

It shows how dumb the general public really are and they are all buying it. The 2 silly YouTube brothers are masters of promotion and they have just scored again. Surprised that Mayweather is part of the charade but I guess “money” has now ran out.

Bugsy

biggest load of bollocks

Skybluefaz

Just want one of these You Tubers to get a serious beating tbh so they fucking knock it on the head. It won't happen in boxing though, it would get stopped too soon. Look at CM Punk jumping over to UFC and getting a beating for example. Although that was wrong too and he should never have been put in the octagon with anyone.

Nick

Administrator
Surely Mayweather wouldn't let him win for all that money though?

I'm not having that some gimp off youTube can rock up and actually beat him.

LastGarrison

This the same Mayweather who fought Bigshow and McGregor?

Of course it’s all about the money. And very easy money at that.

tisza

These carnival fights are just embarrassing. Sky got it on box office - why do people want to pay to watch a joke fight.
Boxing does get silly at times. All these fighters having comeback / one-off fights in their mid 40s. Seen Lennox Lewis wants to fight Tyson.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s purely about money. The times when people cared about the sport itself are gone, and why should they?

I don’t agree with the Logan and jake Paul fanfare but they have a legitimate fanbase who will pay to watch them .

Adge

It’s purely about money. The times when people cared about the sport itself are gone, and why should they?

I don’t agree with the Logan and jake Paul fanfare but they have a legitimate fanbase who will pay to watch them .
Yep-millions of spotty teenagers. Who’s the fool......

AOM

Jake and Logan Pauls fan base is mostly little kids isn’t it?

Yeah, I'd imagine it's just their fan base from Youtube who would follow them regardless of whatever they decide to do next

Wouldn't ever pay or go out of my way to watch one of their fights, but would be entertaining to see them get absolutely battered by experienced professionals. That might also be another proportion of their audience

AOM

Just read this:
  • No judges
  • No official winner read
  • Knockouts legal
  • KO up to referee's discretion
  • No headgear
  • 12 oz. gloves
  • Eight three-minute rounds
What is the point?!

Any odds on Mayweather losing just for the rematch?

gangmoney.gif

tisza

Just read this:
  • No judges
  • No official winner read
  • Knockouts legal
  • KO up to referee's discretion
  • No headgear
  • 12 oz. gloves
  • Eight three-minute rounds
What is the point?!

Any odds on Mayweather losing just for the rematch?

View attachment 20363
It's just a money-making exhibition. Mayweather isn't going to risk his proper reputation against a guy that much bigger either in case he gets a lucky punch. The weight disparity means it couldn't be sanctioned as a normal fight either.
Mayweather will just find another clown to fight in his exhibition fight. Not sure why he bothers he's reportedly made nearly 900m out of boxing already

Reactions: AOM

AOM

It's just a money-making exhibition. Mayweather isn't going to risk his proper reputation against a guy that much bigger either in case he gets a lucky punch. The weight disparity means it couldn't be sanctioned as a normal fight either.
Mayweather will just find another clown to fight in his exhibition fight. Not sure why he bothers he's reportedly made nearly 900m out of boxing already

Yep, bang on. Makes such a mockery of boxing.
Hopefully someone comes out and just retires both brothers boxing careers early

stay_up_skyblues

Said on Talksport earlier that the younger bellend (Jake Paul?!?) was the third highest earner in boxing in the last year. Insane.

publican1990

Said on Talksport earlier that the younger bellend (Jake Paul?!?) was the third highest earner in boxing in the last year. Insane.

Imagine busting your bollocks every day since you were a kid, honing your craft, eating right, pounding the pavements at all hours. Hitting the heavy bag endlessly, sparring till your body felt like jelly. Working your way through the ranks, dedicating the best part of your life to a sport, while your mates were out getting pissed and chasing skirt, only to see a pair of wallopers like these two rock up and make a fortune.

ccfctommy

Just want one of these You Tubers to get a serious beating tbh so they fucking knock it on the head. It won't happen in boxing though, it would get stopped too soon. Look at CM Punk jumping over to UFC and getting a beating for example. Although that was wrong too and he should never have been put in the octagon with anyone.

Why not? There are loads of wrestlers-mma crossovers?

ccfctommy

Yep, bang on. Makes such a mockery of boxing.
Hopefully someone comes out and just retires both brothers boxing careers early

See, I'm not so sure.

Boxing is a business sadly. It's all about money and promotion. I've seen questions like 'why are sky showing this?'. Simples. People will watch.

It's not a great advert for boxing, no. But spare me this 'mockery of the sport' crap when you see dodgy and outright bent decisions left right and centre!

Skybluefaz

Why not? There are loads of wrestlers-mma crossovers?
CM punk had no proper combat sports background and he just got a pasting. Brock Lesnar on the contrary was a great wrestler, as in proper wrestling so had some proper training and was a top level competitor in ufc. 2 WWE fellas with very different levels in real fighting. I don't know of any others tbf. You may well educate me on it.

AOM

See, I'm not so sure.

Boxing is a business sadly. It's all about money and promotion. I've seen questions like 'why are sky showing this?'. Simples. People will watch.

It's not a great advert for boxing, no. But spare me this 'mockery of the sport' crap when you see dodgy and outright bent decisions left right and centre!

Yeah, that's a fair point.
Just feels like anyone who's got a half decent fan base can get a big fight night pay off, but like you say, money talks. In football too.

Saying that, I'd pay good money to see Michael Doyle in the ring for 12 rounds

Nick

Administrator
Forgot it was on last night.

Looks like mayweather just went the distance and took the money.

No winner or loser apart from those pair making millions.

chiefdave

Forgot it was on last night.

Looks like mayweather just went the distance and took the money.

No winner or loser apart from those pair making millions.
Odds on a rematch? How do people fall for this shit? From what I can see on twitter they spent more time hugging than boxing.

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread