Liverpool away in the cup (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Just watching the Liverpool v Stoke match on ITV and remembering going to Anfield in 1997 in the 3rd round going 1-0 down only to win 3-1 (Dublin Huckerby Telfer) as i remember and it shold of been more, makes me so sad to see where we are now can`t see us ever getting back to those highs.

Walking Bird

Was the week after we beat Man Utd at Highfield Road, City fans singing "Worse than Utd" & "Can we play you every week". Aaaaaaah the good ole days!

ccfcdan

I remember listening to this on the radio with my dad. I was only twelve and could not believe we beat Liverpool. I started going to HR that season. Our day will come again, we just need to keep the faith! PUSB

lordsummerisle

Great game, even after going 1-0 down early on(Redknapp free-kick?), just knew we were going to win, Huckerby unstoppable that season, and Whelan and Boeteng in central midfield were immense.

Had a tenner at 12-1 on a 2-1 win for us, fucking Telfer!

cathedraltospare

It was one of the best Cov matches I've ever been to. Freezing cold, proper FA cup stuff
3 - 1 comeback to dump liverpool out of the cup a week after huckerby's heroics against United at Highfield road. We were indeed singing those chants and I seem to remember "you're even worse than united" which was extra good to sing. I read an interview a couple of seasons later and Boating said it was the coldest match he'd ever played in - he was holding a cup of tea in each hand a half time.

I hope we can one day get back to the Premier league and have more weeks like that. But even if we do have a season playing Hartlepool and Swindon, there'll always be a story to tell home or away.

PUSB - we can still stay up - let's get behind them

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Agreed, one of the best performances I've ever seen from a Cov team.

I don't think I've even know a half-time atmosphere like it when we haven't been winning. Huckerby had not long equalised, and everyone had an absolute conviction that we'd win. Could've been 5 or 6.

I've been lucky enough to be there for the 4-0 and 5-1 at HR too. Gotta love stuffing the Scousers.

Users who are viewing this thread