Linesman beten to death by players during match (1 Viewer)

kg82

Yeah, heard this last night. What an awful incident. Sorry, but the kids need to be made an example of.

Otis

Just seems to be a bit of a trend, arguing and jostling officials.

Have no idea where they have got that from. i mean, it's not as if professional players do that is it! :(

Need to go to the officiating of the likes of Rugby and American Football where you don't answer back and the referee is the law!

LastGarrison

Fucking hell Otis do you write for the Sun? Not wanting to trivialise the matter but he wasn't beaten to death by players was he? He collapsed hours later, possibly, due to the injuries sustained.

Either way terrible story all round.

Otis

He was beaten and died from his injuries. Isn't that him being beaten to death? :thinking about:

BBC reported it exactly the same way. If it had just been The Sun I would have given it a bit more scrutiny.

LastGarrison

Where did you read that he died from the direct result of the injuries? Says in that link and others that I have read that they have not disclosed the cause of death.

Anyway, fuck it just me being a picky twat.

Otis

I heard it on BBC Breakfast first. They deffo said that a linesman had died after being beaten to death by young players.

understand what you are saying though and fully agree. Embellished to make more of a story out of it.

smileycov

Facebook User
Make more of a story out of it ha-ha!! which ever way you look at it, kids battered a linesman who then died, WTF

Marty

What a bunch of arseholes. Just a regular guy killed because some little pricks didn't like a decision in a poxy youth match.

Marty

They're being charged with manslaughter.

Hope they get a sentence the crime deserves, No doubt they'll be out at 17 thanks to the liberals. :jerkit:

Otis

Make more of a story out of it ha-ha!! which ever way you look at it, kids battered a linesman who then died, WTF

You know exactly what I mean.

You can have a story headline 'Teenage girl gang raped' and then you can have a headline 'Teenage girl gang-raped by asylum seekers.'

Exactly the same story but embellished and therefore making more of a story out of it for sensationalistic reasons.

SkyblueBazza

Where did you read that he died from the direct result of the injuries? Says in that link and others that I have read that they have not disclosed the cause of death.

Anyway, feck it just me being a picky twat.

Either way - manslaughter is what it is & what they've been charged with.

SkyblueBazza

IMO this has been coming for some time. I believe that the rampant pacifying of foul language & behaviour both off & ON the pitch has heavily contributed to this.
I also believe the only way forward is for the football authorities to make clear that assault on the pitch is no longer a bookable offence. The culprit should be instantly arrested - despite the provocation. Professional means you're held up as an example to everyone else - that's how we arrived at where we are...because the example set has been on a downward spiral for years.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Terrible incident

Its disgusting what children are capable of, they haven't been raised right. Probably have half arsed parents who couldn't give a toss what they are getting up to

On the subject of violence in youth/amateur football

3/4 years back I was playing Sunday league U16. We were playing a team who weren't a very nice team and we had, had previous with. Anyway in the second half 2 black players from the opposition accused our player of using the n word, which he didn't. They were standing right beside him at the time an were just looking for an excuse to kick off, anyway it all kicked off and one of our players who was a bit of nutter got into a fight with the opposition.

One of the opposition players father on the touchline was trying to defend our player who was accused of saying something racist by telling people that he didn't say that, next thing about 5 or 6 of the opposition players jump on the father of there own team mate and drag him and beat him to the ground

Covstu

This was absolutely shocking, feel for his family over something so silly as football.

Otis

Terrible incident

Its disgusting what children are capable of, they haven't been raised right. Probably have half arsed parents who couldn't give a toss what they are getting up to

On the subject of violence in youth/amateur football

3/4 years back I was playing Sunday league U16. We were playing a team who weren't a very nice team and we had, had previous with. Anyway in the second half 2 black players from the opposition accused our player of using the n word, which he didn't. They were standing right beside him at the time an were just looking for an excuse to kick off, anyway it all kicked off and one of our players who was a bit of nutter got into a fight with the opposition.

One of the opposition players father on the touchline was trying to defend our player who was accused of saying something racist by telling people that he didn't say that, next thing about 5 or 6 of the opposition players jump on the father of there own team mate and drag him and beat him to the ground

Can only describe such behaviour as sub human.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Macca

These people probably need counselling and rehabilitation, victims of society etc etc etc

rob9872

Youthful over exuberance

Users who are viewing this thread