Lincoln Lowlights (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Can't see how burge can be blame for any of those.
Goal 1 he had no chance
Goal 2 rod goes AWOL into midfield chasing Rhead leaving a massive gap in the defence, grimmer over commits and thr striker has a free shot 13 yards out

4d5c785192998f93a39258360a8f460e.jpg
8bed60548b80015492c9fd2670110af5.jpg

Goal 3 he rhead wins the header easily, grimmer and Willis miss thr ball and Burke dives at to he keepers legs but their other player sticks it in
af359cd7e8f9dd51767ddf3b517dfd06.jpg
ac0509f8c41fe546ad9e6f073490cfed.jpg
3925cdcf9b2541763e1000048e865d89.jpg

Goal 4 Willis no mans land, grimmer gets done, all the defenders run towards rhead leaving 2 free at the back and then burge comes flying out (he weren't going to catch it, its nowhere near him its just the camera angle makes it looks closer) striker gets there first and hammers under him.

ea5cfac412884a269b07ca9bf7c3e932.jpg
fd1e3ac2531ced1c51a784542703dc06.jpg
131e0c892720cac74d263b5471409ba5.jpg
5f5ba19d5465f89bcf9297f061c3a8c1.jpg

That miss from ponti.

6d5aab0e821078116eacca243be80dd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

Doyle going ape at Burge for the last one, saying he should have dived in. Looks like Burge is pointing out that had he not stood up he would have been chipped anyway.

Otis

At least two clear mistakes from Grimmer there and for the 4th one I DO think Burge could do better. Clearly not strong enough or making himself big enough for that attempt.

Just look at how many headers were won by Lincoln forwards in those highlights. It was piss easy for them.

First goal of theirs was brilliant, but all the others were very preventable.

Shocking really.

And look at the marking in that third from last pic. Or should I say, complete lack of marking.

Garryb80

A goalkeeper should claim a ball on his 6 yard line. The defence visibly didnt want to pass back him as they have zero confidence in him. Davies and stokes should have started possibly preventing our inability to win headers.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

At least two clear mistakes from Grimmer there and for the 4th one I DO think Burge could do better. Clearly not strong enough or making himself big enough for that attempt.

Just look at how many headers were won by Lincoln forwards in those highlights. It was piss easy for them.

First goal of theirs was brilliant, but all the others were very preventable.

Shocking really.

And look at the marking in that third from last pic. Or should I say, complete lack of marking.

Correct.

Grimmer is at fault for at least two but he has been poor for a while now. He gets away with it because other players drop clangers in bigger fashion, but I am concerned about him.

tigersb

Grimmer is a wingback not a full back
Unless we play a back three,this type of shambles is always a possibility

Otis

Grimmer is a wingback not a full back
Unless we play a back three,this type of shambles is always a possibility
Just wonder if it was worth trying this.....

Davies in at centre back, Willis at right back, Grimmer at that right midfield slot.

The right side of midfield has been a problem ever since Jones got injured and Grimmer is clearly better going forwards than defending.

Would give us a much stronger right side spine for the team.

eastwoodsdustman

A goalkeeper should claim a ball on his 6 yard line. The defence visibly didnt want to pass back him as they have zero confidence in him. Davies and stokes should have started possibly preventing our inability to win headers.

I noticed last night that Lincolns defenders were happy to head and chest the ball back to their keeper. It happed 4 or 5 times in the first half. When we are in that position the ball turns into a hand grenade and panic ensues. The defence clearly have no confidence in Burge's positioning and willingness to collect the ball. He's usually static on the line or charging out like a loony.

Nick

Administrator
I noticed last night that Lincolns defenders were happy to head and chest the ball back to their keeper. It happed 4 or 5 times in the first half. When we are in that position the ball turns into a hand grenade and panic ensues. The defence clearly have no confidence in Burge's positioning and willingness to collect the ball. He's usually static on the line or charging out like a loony.

Yep, I noticed that as well. There was one where they were quite happy to give it back to him under pressure.

Otis

Been saying this ever since last season.

The back four have no faith in Lee Burge.

stevefloyd

Maybe they have a better goalkeeping coach...just saying

stupot07

Re: 4th goal Still think its harsh on Burge. Looking at the time stamp, there is literally 2 seconds between Rhead crossing the ball and their unmarked player putting it past burge. You can see from the first frame burge is rightly set ready for the shot, (we know what Rhead did from the same position within the first minute) he then has see it, react and then travel about 8-9 yards to try to block the second shot all within 2 seconds, and probably even quicker if he was to come and try and catch it.

stevefloyd

Re: 4th goal Still think its harsh on Burge. Looking at the time stamp, there is literally 2 seconds between Rhead crossing the ball and their unmarked player putting it past burge. You can see from the first frame burge is rightly set ready for the shot, he then has to react and travel about 8-9 yards to try to block the second shot, he would have needed to sprint 8-9 yards faster than Usain bolt to catch it

Definitely not harsh on that blunder fuck...I was directly in line at the time and he stood there like a cowering chicken !!!!! if anything we haven't been harsh enough on the clown

Nick

Administrator
Re: 4th goal Still think its harsh on Burge. Looking at the time stamp, there is literally 2 seconds between Rhead crossing the ball and their unmarked player putting it past burge. You can see from the first frame burge is rightly set ready for the shot, (we know what Rhead did from the same position within the first minute) he then has see it, react and then travel about 8-9 yards to try to block the second shot all within 2 seconds, and probably even quicker if he was to come and try and catch it.

Burge was closer to the ball than their striker. He also has the advantage that he can catch the ball or punch it away. You could understand if their player comes in with a great jump and heads it but the fact it's dropped down to feet level to be tapped in through Burge's legs while he stands like a star is awful.

oucho

Somewhere in the background just after the first goal you can hear a blood curdling yell from the concourse as I get overcharged by £4 for my tea, water and pie simultaneously with missing what i thought was a City goal and also taking a call from the mrs saying she thought the house was burning down (false alarm thank god). All this after a nightmare 3 hour drive from London, a mad dash to the ground from car park C to get in on the stroke of kick-off, whilst getting wet in the rain and dying for a piss!

Then I sat down and we got beat 4-2 at home by Lincoln.

Mask

Lincoln, although handed most of their goals, took their chances well and made us pay for it. For a team pushing for playoffs our defending was abysmal... They looked like school kids all staring at the ball with no movement or any idea what's going on around them.

That turn and shot from Shipley was ace though!

Calista

Davies in at centre back, Willis at right back, Grimmer at that right midfield slot.

The right side of midfield has been a problem ever since Jones got injured and Grimmer is clearly better going forwards than defending.

Same applies on the left. Why not Shipley behind Haynes instead of the other way around?

Grimmer and Haynes both have ability at this level, but I really don’t like either of them as full backs. Playing further forward would give them more freedom to do their thing. Haynes especially looks like he wants to go at the other team, but from full back he does it so hesitantly and ends up in no man’s land.

On his form of a couple of years ago Stokes would definitely be first choice left back, so I think he must have ongoing fitness issues limiting him.

Is there such a thing as a right side spine btw?!

tigersb

Totally agree
Grimmer does most of his good work going forward

Otis

Same applies on the left. Why not Shipley behind Haynes instead of the other way around?

Grimmer and Haynes both have ability at this level, but I really don’t like either of them as full backs. Playing further forward would give them more freedom to do their thing. Haynes especially looks like he wants to go at the other team, but from full back he does it so hesitantly and ends up in no man’s land.

On his form of a couple of years ago Stokes would definitely be first choice left back, so I think he must have ongoing fitness issues limiting him.

Is there such a thing as a right side spine btw?!
There is now, I just invented it.

stupot07

The though of grimmer right mid sends shivers through me. His final ball is awful, for someone who gets so much ball in attacking wide areas, he doesn't have a single league assist this season. We're getting desperate if we're even suggesting grimmer and Haynes as wingers.

Otis

The though of grimmer right mid sends shivers through me. His final ball is awful, for someone who gets so much ball in attacking wide areas, he doesn't have a single league assist this season. We're getting desperate if we're even suggesting grimmer and Haynes as wingers.

We ARE desperate.

Grimmer is making loads of errors at right back. What do we do, drop him and bring DiKE back? That would give me a lot more shivers than your shivers believe me. :eek:

Only other option is Willis at right back.

letsallsingtogether

Been saying this ever since last season.

The back four have no faith in Lee Burge.

And he has no faith in them.
So we are fucked, last night they may as Well have not been there nutmegged numerous time like statues at other occasions.
We had throw ins were no one wanted it, they wouldnt come close to the thrower he would have to scream at them.

Nick

Administrator
And he has no faith in them.
So we are fucked, last night they may as Well have not been there nutmegged numerous time like statues at other occasions.
We had throw ins were no one wanted it, they wouldnt come close to the thrower he would have to scream at them.

Are you related to Burge? The undying love for him is cringeworthy.

stupot07

We ARE desperate.

Grimmer is making loads of errors at right back. What do we do, drop him and bring DiKE back? That would give me a lot more shivers than your shivers believe me. :eek:

Only other option is Willis at right back.
Play Willis rightback and drop grimmer. Or play DiKE. Just don't player grimmer right mid, we tried it once, it didn't work

fernandopartridge

He approaches the ball almost side one, instead of making himself big, a la the starfish type move that Schmeichel used to do

Colin Steins Smile

It looks to me as though Burge fails to impose himself around his penalty box. The defenders in front of him seem to drop deeper than you might expect.....perhaps due to Burge not being dominant & keepers need to be brave and take on forwards and have physical impacts. Something I didn't see last night.

Nick

Administrator
He should have just caught the ball or got it clear before it even got to having a shot.

stupot07

Exactly. He should have made himself bigger there.
I think there's a difference between could he do better (possibly) and was he at fault (no not really). Ignoring that goal, he could do little about the other 3 and we still lose the game 3-2. Just seems like scapegoating to me given how horrendous the back 4 were.

Covstu

Can't see how burge can be blame for any of those.
Goal 1 he had no chance
Goal 2 rod goes AWOL into midfield chasing Rhead leaving a massive gap in the defence, grimmer over commits and thr striker has a free shot 13 yards out

4d5c785192998f93a39258360a8f460e.jpg
8bed60548b80015492c9fd2670110af5.jpg

Goal 3 he rhead wins the header easily, grimmer and Willis miss thr ball and Burke dives at to he keepers legs but their other player sticks it in
af359cd7e8f9dd51767ddf3b517dfd06.jpg
ac0509f8c41fe546ad9e6f073490cfed.jpg
3925cdcf9b2541763e1000048e865d89.jpg

Goal 4 Willis no mans land, grimmer gets done, all the defenders run towards rhead leaving 2 free at the back and then burge comes flying out (he weren't going to catch it, its nowhere near him its just the camera angle makes it looks closer) striker gets there first and hammers under him.

ea5cfac412884a269b07ca9bf7c3e932.jpg
fd1e3ac2531ced1c51a784542703dc06.jpg
131e0c892720cac74d263b5471409ba5.jpg
5f5ba19d5465f89bcf9297f061c3a8c1.jpg

That miss from ponti.

6d5aab0e821078116eacca243be80dd0.jpg

I think he should have stopped the 4th, Grimmer was put out of position but Burge should be coming out for that in my opinion

Covstu

for me Grimmer was one of the rare players that looked like contributing something. The issue with playing wing backs is that there has to be appropriate cover when they are going forward. So many times last night both Grimmer and Haynes were caught when going forward with no support in defending that position

Users who are viewing this thread