Lights in the sky over Coventry (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is no way I can post this without sounding like a loony so you'll need to pass judgment for now! One for you Earlsdon/city centre folks I guess. Had a look on twitter but can't seem to find anything.

Just went to let the dogs in the garden and noticed very faint white lights moving across the sky in random (not symetrical) directions.

Thought it could be from an event or something, but couldn't hear any music or see any beams projecting the lights. It is also really late. They then went a more vibrant green and genuinely looked like about 10 aeroplanes in a row.

I'm not one for conspiracies and I haven't been drinking tonight (or smoking anything), but it really creeped me out and I don't know what it is.

Just wondered if anyone has got any idea? Can't sleep for shit now!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

There is no way I can post this without sounding like a loony so you'll need to pass judgment for now! One for you Earlsdon/city centre folks I guess. Had a look on twitter but can't seem to find anything.

Just went to let the dogs in the garden and noticed very faint white lights moving across the sky in random (not symetrical) directions.

Thought it could be from an event or something, but couldn't hear any music or see any beams projecting the lights. It is also really late. They then went a more vibrant green and genuinely looked like about 10 aeroplanes in a row.

I'm not one for conspiracies and I haven't been drinking tonight (or smoking anything), but it really creeped me out and I don't know what it is.

Carlisle fans setting off distress signals as Russel Slade is about to take over as manager

dancers lance

If I was a betting man I would say it was Chinese/Sky lanterns that have been released due to the festivities taking place in the city today. They get released one after the other, then follow the wind direction when they get to a certain altitude, mostly in a straight line, they also look like they are changing colour due to the flickering light given off by the burning wax.

clint van damme

what time? Didn't see anything but had an early night.

Otis

If I was a betting man I would say it was Chinese/Sky lanterns that have been released due to the festivities taking place in the city today. They get released one after the other, then follow the wind direction when they get to a certain altitude, mostly in a straight line, they also look like they are changing colour due to the flickering light given off by the burning wax.
Not an adequate enough explanation for a conspiracy theory though.

Much prefer aliens dancing over the city skyline, taunting us and giving us the finger.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's interesting, but I'm not 100% sure.

There was one point when there was definitely a pattern either projected onto the clouds of coming through them! The lights were also moving side to side really fast, so much do at first I thought they were shooting stars.

Really good explanation, but I don't think that was it.

Earlsdon Skyblue - I woke up today trying to search the internet for somebody else who saw them, Yes indeed i did. My partner let our dog out while she had a fag in the garden at 12:55 AM and she called me out to look at these ' lights ' she was seeing and i went out and i saw what seemed to be white/yellow strobe effects but not coming from earth but more going from one patch of sky to the other and some of them where breaking up and making wierd patterns. Then i saw what looked like about 10 of them seemed to be chasing each other in circles then they went away for a bit, They came back and where moving from left to right and the very last one we saw it was one singular one that light up very bright then started to pulse on the spot getting faster and as it reached its fastest it shot off sidewards leaving pulsing lights behined it and i can tell you now it was moving at very very very fast speed.

What i saw wasn't green, They where a white/yellow but they wasn't being point upwards like they where coming from earth they where starting and cutting out what looked like above the clouds, i tryed to record them on my phone but its jsut pitch black.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Thank God someone else saw them, I thought I was going crazy.

Agree, it didn't look like they were projecting from earth.

I've looked everywhere for an explanation but it looks lime we were about the only ones that saw it!

Has anyone heard anything else? It was ridiculously creepy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just searched on Google for posts in the past 24 hours and specified 'strange lights over Coventry last night' and it did come up with a result.

Have copied the link here for you. Might be worth taking a look to see if they say the same thing on there.

Lights in the sky over Coventry

That's really annoying Otis, I was hoping I was going to find an answer.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but until I get one I'm going to have to call it a UFO sighting!

Still sketched out now.

Otis

That's really annoying Otis, I was hoping I was going to find an answer.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but until I get one I'm going to have to call it a UFO sighting!

Still sketched out now.
Well, I honestly did do the search and seemingly it is only SBTers who saw it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Someone on Facebook seemed to think the lights were coming from 'The Yard', a gay club in town.

Guess that's totally possibly with pride on over the weekend. Still haven't seen any evidence though.

Otis

Someone on Facebook seemed to think the lights were coming from 'The Yard', a gay club in town.

Guess that's totally possibly with pride on over the weekend. Still haven't seen any evidence though.
It was defintely on. I even picked up a brochure for it.

Manchester_sky_blue

The Ophiuchid meteor shower reached its peak over the UK on Sunday night and they can produce some very erratic movements and strange light shows in the sky as they burn up in the atmosphere. As they come in to contact with pollutants in the lower atmosphere they can produce bursts of colour as well. Difficult to say without actually having seen it but could easily have been that.

There is also a huge Chinese satellite breaking up in a high orbit at the moment thats producing a few fireballs as it disintegrates.

wingy

Wow! Watched it all those years and had no idea I was just staring at a penis.
Got nothing on my Quericetti XK 54 Grey livery.
I don't have it now alas as the parachute failed one Sunday afternoon on Burton Dasset Hills sometime around 1965.:-( :-( :-(

bringbackrattles

The band Foo Fighters are named after small circular balls of light seen by pilots of planes during World War 2 in the sky. They passed through the planes, and moved at speed and came and went at intervals. But they still are unsure what they were, but pilots saw them and all remained convinced they were UFO's.

Otis

The band Foo Fighters are named after small circular balls of light seen by pilots of planes during World War 2 in the sky. They passed through the planes, and moved at speed and came and went at intervals. But they still are unsure what they were, but pilots saw them and all remained convinced they were UFO's.
What are the band UFO named after?

dutchman

Not all. Many thought it was some sort of experimental weapon developed by the Nazis but Allied Intelligence were unable to find evidence of any such experiments even after sifting though Nazi records. Incidentally the RAF physicist in charge of the investigation was none other than Professor Michael Bentine, better known for being a comedian.

Users who are viewing this thread