Liam Kelly Injury (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Liam Kelly out until the new year, looks like Stevenson will be a regular starter now

Otis

The new year?

That's good isn't it. It's only three weeks away!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if Kelly was going to play, albeit on and off, but that Stevenson has shown up and put in decent performances and now Robins believes he can carry us through until Kelly's full return from injury.

no_loyalty

The new year?

That's good isn't it. It's only three weeks away!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if Kelly was going to play, albeit on and off, but that Stevenson has shown up and put in decent performances and now Robins believes he can carry us through until Kelly's full return from injury.

Out for six weeks

Sky Blue Harry H

Out for six weeks

Yep - 6 weeks - bit of a blow, but it's important to get him properly healed (no pun intended). One or two can fill in, and should give us more attacking initiative. Important Doyle stays fit. As well as Stevenson, Vincenti can play inside, as can Shipley - several options.

Otis

Out for six weeks
Oh.

You shouldn't have said new year then and should have been more specific!! ;)

6 weeks is bad news. If Stevenson or Doyle gets injured, what then?

Not been impressed at all by Maycock so far.

Nick

Administrator
A heel injury is a strange one, are there muscles that can be torn or has he stood on an upturned plug?

better days

It's sensible Kelly gets fully fit for the hard months to come from January
Stevenson will thrive alongside Doyler with Haynes and Grimmer either side
Doyle's praise for Bayliss in recent days was interesting too, talking about his size, physicality and confidence
I think it could be interesting times for us
Young hungry players out to prove themselves backed up by the likes of Doyle, McDonald, Davies, the Duke, Biamou etc. who won't let them be bullied out of the game
I fancy the Tasmanian Devil twins (the DKE's) will play a big part too

Otis

It's sensible Kelly gets fully fit for the hard months to come from January
Stevenson will thrive alongside Doyler with Haynes and Grimmer either side
Doyle's praise for Bayliss in recent days was interesting too, talking about his size, physicality and confidence
I think it could be interesting times for us
Young hungry players out to prove themselves backed up by the likes of Doyle, McDonald, Davies, the Duke, Biamou etc. who won't let them be bullied out of the game
I fancy the Tasmanian Devil twins (the DKE's) will play a big part too
Yeah, but that's just one player.

Fergusons_Beard

Makes a change for us to have some decent backup!

Only downside is that Stephenson bound to play brilliantly to his potential and attract suitors in January window....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
It might be a plantar fascia, for you uneducated types who don't know what I mean it's a tough and flexible band of tissue that runs under the sole of the foot. It connects the heel bone with the bones of the foot, and acts as a kind of shock absorber to the foot.

Sudden damage, or damage that occurs over many months or years, can cause tiny tears (microtears) to develop inside the tissue of the plantar fascia. This can cause the plantar fascia to thicken, resulting in heel pain.

The surrounding tissue and the heel bone can also sometimes become inflamed.

giphy.gif

Greggs

Oh.

You shouldn't have said new year then and should have been more specific!! ;)

6 weeks is bad news. If Stevenson or Doyle gets injured, what then?

Not been impressed at all by Maycock so far.
Shipley natural CM

eastwoodsdustman

It might be a plantar fascia, for you uneducated types who don't know what I mean it's a tough and flexible band of tissue that runs under the sole of the foot. It connects the heel bone with the bones of the foot, and acts as a kind of shock absorber to the foot.

Sudden damage, or damage that occurs over many months or years, can cause tiny tears (microtears) to develop inside the tissue of the plantar fascia. This can cause the plantar fascia to thicken, resulting in heel pain.

giphy.gif
It bloody hurts and takes ages to wear off. I refrained from using heal deliberately.

oucho

A heel injury is a strange one, are there muscles that can be torn or has he stood on an upturned plug?

I have had a heel injury for over a year, acute tendonopothy i think it is called. Physio and prescribed stretches haven't fixed it and haven't been able tonrun properly for the duration due to sharp stabbing pain i get in the side of the foot and in the heel itself. It's due to inflamation and then deterioration of the tendons linking the achilles to the foot via the heel. Bloody hurts and no sign of it getting better. If Kelly has something similar then "6 weeks" could be optimistic.

The Reverend Skyblue

In one tough hard 50/50 tackle back in the days when I played regularly and men were proper men ,and we finished the game whatever,I didn't know till after the game that I had broken both legs, dislocated both my hips ,ruptured my spleen, lacerated my liver and fractured my neck, and I still played in the next game.
Big wosses these days

Last edited:

clint van damme

In one tough hard 50/50 tackle ,back in the days when I played regularly and men were proper men and we finished the game whatever,I didn't know till after the game that I had broken both legs, dislocated both my hips ,ruptured my spleen, lacerated my liver and fractured my neck, and I still played in the next game.
Big wosses these days

you're very modest Rev, not mentioning the 12 hour night shift you did down the pit in between games - proper man.

Dazmataz

I have had a heel injury for over a year, acute tendonopothy i think it is called. Physio and prescribed stretches haven't fixed it and haven't been able tonrun properly for the duration due to sharp stabbing pain i get in the side of the foot and in the heel itself. It's due to inflamation and then deterioration of the tendons linking the achilles to the foot via the heel. Bloody hurts and no sign of it getting better. If Kelly has something similar then "6 weeks" could be optimistic.

I feel your pain - I have had a tendonopathy in my knee for nearly 6 months now, utterly detilibiltating and gets inflamed and time I try to run . Not a pleasant injury!

clint van damme

I had tendonopothy where the knee meets the hamstring. I'm a quick healer and it took me 8 weeks to recover.

stevefloyd

I had something like this in the 90's my football coach said it was probably my trainers aggravating the Achilles so I changed trainers and after a while it just stopped hurting

fernandopartridge

giphy.gif

I damaged my plantar fascia out of the Wheatsheaf pissed up on Boxing Day a couple of years back, I really struggled for a few weeks. It doesn't show up on x ray but the pain on mine was not on the heel as such

Users who are viewing this thread