letter to fl from my nine yr old bless her (1 Viewer)

suzoooooo

My daughter wrote this out and asked me to send it to the football league bless her .
Dear Football league I am Sophie and i am 9 yrs old. I am a huge sky blues fan!!.
I can only eat food from the Ricoh arena and i have parents who can only pay to go to where it is at the moment.
My school goes on school trips to the Ricoh.
If the children who like football dont get to go it will be not fair.
Please please keep the Ricoh where it is
If you dont keep it there then nobody will support coventry city cause it should be there
yours sincerely sophie

This is how she wrote it lol Just shows how its bothering the kids though

Ctidmark

My daughter wrote this out and asked me to send it to the football league bless her .
Dear Football league I am Sophie and i am 9 yrs old. I am a huge sky blues fan!!.
I can only eat food from the Ricoh arena and i have parents who can only pay to go to where it is at the moment.
If you dont keep it there then nobody will support coventry city cause it should be there
yours sincerely sophie

My lad feels the same, good on ya sophie

rustyredline

Sisu should just cut their losses NOW! If they FL can't see how this is having a negative impact on the community and ruining a 140 year history, then they are just as bad as sisu. I wish the kids were running sisu/acl we wouldn't be in this mess right now i bet.

Steve.B50

It's just so unfair on these youngsters, its so wrong and we will have no future supporters soon.
Keep Coventry in Coventry

WillieStanley

My little girl had her first season ticket last season and loves the Sky Blues. I can't bring myself to tell her what's going on! She's only 4 but could name you the whole of last seasons squad. When she plays football with me, she proclaims "I'm Gary McSheffrey!!" runs with the ball then deliberately falls over!!I'll have to tell her at some point but both our hearts will break!

jesus-wept

This is something that needs expanding on. Apart from the children who won't be able to go, I have a friend, wheelchair bound and slight learning difficulties due to a motorcycling accident when a teenager, he is now 61. He never misses a home match, but has only been to one away which was the Man. Utd. cup-tie 5 years ago. Didn't go to Wembley, just unable to get there due to his needs basically. He will recite you city history going back 40 years. He knows his Sky Blue days are over once this Northampton thing happens. I would like Mr Tim Fisher to go to his home and explain why he can no longer watch the one thing in his life he most looks forward to.

Last edited:

Blinxs

When the season ticket prices were announced I have to admit I was tempted. I had my first season ticket last year and was hooked despite some shocking performances. However it is stories like the above that mean we have to get rid of such horrendous owners asap and therefore i urge everyone whose tempted to go to sixfields NOPM until sisu leave.

This is something that needs expanding on. Apart from the children who won't be able to go, I have a friend, wheelchair bound and slight learning difficulties due to a motorcycling accident when a teenager, he is now 61. He never misses a home match, but has only been to one away which was the Man. Utd. cup-tie 5 years ago. Didn't go to Wembley, just unable to get there due to his needs basically. He will recite you city history going back 40 years. He knows his Sky Blue days are over once this Northampton thing happens. I would like Mr Tim Fisher to go to his home and explain why he can no longer watch the one thing in his life he most looks forward to.

Yeah .................. like he's going to do that. This is what these people don't understand - SISU (in whatever guise), FL, FA - just how much a football club means to the community in which it has sprung from. ACL, imo, have recognised that and are prepared to negotiate. As I've said before, using a famous strapline, Real Football, Real Fans - bo:censored:cks

Seyeclops666

I think these are the sort of stories we should collate as they would be great weapons to use by Bob in parliament and in letters to FA and FL. if people can post some more like this I will get them to Bob and write them up to use in other communications.

skybluelee

yours sincerely sophie

Nice work, Sophie.

dadgad

yours sincerely sophie

This letter must be sent to everybody in any position of influence within the game for it demonstrates the important principle at stake and how if the community is starved of contact with the game the game loses its status as a national sport. The FA certainly must be shown this.

ccfc1987

yours sincerely sophie

so proud of my daughter sophie

ccfc1987

already sent to fa and football lge and was thinking of sending it to mr bendover appleton lol

Block19

This time last year the Olympics were being held in our fine stadium with our city's name on it. "Inspire a generation" was the tag line used. Now we have no chance to inspire anyone with no team in the city

stupot07

yours sincerely sophie

She must be starving having not eaten since 20th April! Or do they do take always? Bless her!

Last edited:
She must be starving having not eaten since 20th April! Bless her!

Taking the mick out of a 9 yr olds contribution to our predicament - not clever and not funny.

dadgad

already sent to fa and football lge and was thinking of sending it to mr bendover appleton lol

Appleton isn't engaged with the issues at stake. He's part of the problem for sure but incapable of evolved thought.
That is why the FL guidelines are critical in terms of GS award and the principles they purport to embrace.
Appleton in truth is using the law to promote his clients' interests. His understanding of the needs of Sophie and the future generations of Sky Blue fans won't raise a flicker.

Appleton isn't engaged with the issues at stake. He's part of the problem for sure but incapable of evolved thought.
That is why the FL guidelines are critical in terms of GS award and the principles they purport to embrace.
Appleton in truth is using the law to promote his clients' interests. His understanding of the needs of Sophie and the future generations of Sky Blue fans won't raise a flicker.

Agreed, but I don't think it hurts letting people like him (if he wasn't aware already after today) what his decisions mean to the up-coming generation of future support. His decision currently does not allow for an up-coming generational support and so will see the club back in administration, or worse, fairly quickly which is a situation that I thought he had to avoid :thinking about:

stupot07

Taking the mick out of a 9 yr olds contribution to our predicament - not clever and not funny.

Get a grip and some perspective. It was just a gentle tease, with no harm intended. I've got 2 young kids myself, so know how literal and innocent they can be.

shropshirecov

Tell her to write to her local council or councillor and ask why they and a charity set up to benefit the children of Coventry, have milked the football club dry to the extent that the club can't play in the stadium that was built for it.

dadgad

Agreed, but I don't think it hurts letting people like him (if he wasn't aware already after today) what his decisions mean to the up-coming generation of future support. His decision currently does not allow for an up-coming generational support and so will see the club back in administration, or worse, fairly quickly which is a situation that I thought he had to avoid :thinking about:

Yes, part of the Admin process has to consider the best outcome for the business going forward. He has done the opposite.
Nobody can be surprised, he's just "doing his job" ;-).

shmmeee

This thread made me tear up.

I've been a season ticket holder for the best part of 20 years with my Dad, its our thing, part of out family tradition. My 3 year old had been asking for a year if she can go with Pops and Daddy on a Saturday, every time we drove past the Ricoh she'd say "That's where city play isn't it Dad? I can go there next year!" She asked me to teach her the Sky Blue Song so she could be like us. This season would've been her first was going to indoctrinate her into the tradition early get her the kit, the works.

I couldn't attend today due to an emergency but she went with her Nan and came back tellin me how she sung the Sky Blue Song just like Daddy does. I'm so proud.

I just hope that in 5 years time I can keep her enthusiasm but I doubt it.

Last edited:

WillieStanley

This thread made me tear up.

I've been a season ticket holder for the best part of 20 years with my Dad, its our thing, part of out family tradition. My 3 year old had been asking for a year if she can go with Pops and Daddy on a Saturday, every time we drove past the Ricoh she'd say "That's where city play isn't it Dad? I can go there next year!" She asked me to teach her the Sky Blue Song so she could be like us. This season would've been her first was going to indoctrinate her into the tradition early get her the kit, the works.

I couldn't attend today due to an emergency but she went with her Nan and came back tellin me how she sung the Sky Blue Song just like Daddy does. I'm so proud.

I just hope that in 5 years time I can keep her enthusiasm but I doubt it.

Sky Blue Sam and over enthusiasm for the players and manager is key!! Mark Robins was my girl's absolute hero last season and she was gutted when he left - same with McGoldrick. If I can find the picture of her with the three of them, I'll upload it because it's awesome. Absolutely awesome. I'm praying all this ends soon, for her sake.

shmmeee

Sky Blue Sam and over enthusiasm for the players and manager is key!! Mark Robins was my girl's absolute hero last season and she was gutted when he left - same with McGoldrick. If I can find the picture of her with the three of them, I'll upload it because it's awesome. Absolutely awesome. I'm praying all this ends soon, for her sake.

Thing is though mate there'll be no Sky Blue Sam, no players to see and no manager to follow. I simply can't make Northampton even if I wanted to. She'll be on blackout while we're out the city.

Users who are viewing this thread