Les Revenants(The returned) (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Anybody watching this on Channel 4?

Excellent French, "returned from the dead, but not zombies" tv series, creepy atmosphere, and really intriguing.

ajsccfc

Yeah, it's the highlight of the TV week for me now. I knew that kid was creepy before yesterday, but I'm starting to suspect Pierre more and more. He knows something, and he's always smirking about it.

lordsummerisle

Yeah, it's the highlight of the TV week for me now. I knew that kid was creepy before yesterday, but I'm starting to suspect Pierre more and more. He knows something, and he's always smirking about it.

Some sort of culty Christian thing going on there.

As long as it doesn't go on for 5 or 6 years and find out at the end that everybody is really dead and they're all in some sort of fucking purgatory.

Yes Lost, I'm looking at you, you bastard.

ajsccfc

Some sort of culty Christian thing going on there.

As long as it doesn't go on for 5 or 6 years and find out at the end that everybody is really dead and they're all in some sort of fucking purgatory.

Yes Lost, I'm looking at you, you bastard.

Homeland was another; if it was a self-contained season it would have been great, but hearing they've been extended for a third season and beyond, you start to think there's no strict storyline in place. This has a second season upcoming, but I'd hope that's part of the plan rather than 's2, now what? Ou est mon velo?'

Camille and Lena's old man is the most French-looking person I think I've ever seen.

lordsummerisle

Homeland was another; if it was a self-contained season it would have been great, but hearing they've been extended for a third season and beyond, you start to think there's no strict storyline in place. This has a second season upcoming, but I'd hope that's part of the plan rather than 's2, now what? Ou est mon velo?'

Camille and Lena's old man is the most French-looking person I think I've ever seen.

Think Mr Costa beats him by a nose!

Homeland would have been pretty much the perfect series if it had finished with Brody blowing himself and the Cabinet up, when they didn't go for that and wanted to milk it for ratings it just became increasingly fantastical.

Not looking forward to Season Three.

ajsccfc

Homeland swiftly turned in 24-esque nonsense. I'll still watch S3, but I'm not looking forward to it as much as I did with the last one now.

ajsccfc

I don't know whether he was giving Victor the flashbacks now or if he was simply one of the robbers at the time.

ajsccfc

I thought the same when Victor gave him the evil eyes, but he seems too central to kill off. Of course big series have killed off major characters before so it could happen, this means I'd have to find a new face to hate. I reckon Walter Samuel as the police chief, he's gone from jam-up guy to perverse voyeur in no time.

lordsummerisle

I thought the same when Victor gave him the evil eyes, but he seems too central to kill off. Of course big series have killed off major characters before so it could happen, this means I'd have to find a new face to hate. I reckon Walter Samuel as the police chief, he's gone from jam-up guy to perverse voyeur in no time.

There are a seriously scary amount of cctv cameras in that town(except for in the subway obviously).

Got a bit of a Jean Reno look to him the police chief.

Just waiting for him to say "no women, no children".

Really interesting series, and really no idea where it's going to go. The dam obviously something to do with it, possibly something connested to the previous town that was flooded when it was built(think could see the top of a church spire poking out through the water due to the reduced levels in the reservoir).

ajsccfc

I love how it's halfway through the series and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on. Although that love will fade very quickly if nothing's actually explained and just left hanging for the next series.

lordsummerisle

I love how it's halfway through the series and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on. Although that love will fade very quickly if nothing's actually explained and just left hanging for the next series.

I have got that "Lost" fear factor there.

Users who are viewing this thread