Leon Best? (1 Viewer)

hsccfc

According to the herald, we along with other championship clubs are interested in loaning the former sky blue from Newcastle United:

''REPUBLIC of Ireland striker Leon Best is set for a loan move away from Newcastle United and can choose from three keen Championship clubs - Leicester, Crystal Palace and Coventry all in the queue.

Best failed to make any impact at St James Park during Chris Hughton's promotion winning run last season and an injury to ankle ligaments ended any chance he had of convincing sceptical Toon fans that he was good enough for the Premier League.

With rehab on his ankle injury almost complete, Hughton wants to accelerate his recovery by giving him competitive football elsewhere.''

So with 4 strikers currently in line for a starting place, do we think we need Leon Best back at the Ricoh? I think in Platt and Jutkiewicz we have two players that can play a target-man role, which Best was exceptional at in his last few months here. But maybe Best can bring something different? I do think he's a very similar player to Marlon King, but with King and Eastwood's fitness being less than reliable, maybe he would be useful? Whether this be before January or not, i think our squad could be big enough and we will also have to see what happens in regard to Danny Ward. I remember Best not having a great reception from our fans at St. James' last year, so it could prove unpopular.

smileycov

Facebook User
Is this a wind up!! arrogant, big head, disruptive.

Aidy wouldn't want him anywhere near our fantastic spirit surely!!

I'M A BIG NO BY THE WAY

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I don't see where he would fit in now, especially with Freddy and King coming back from injury soon.
I think we missed out last season on Coleman insisting on playing Morrison when Best and Eastwood would have been a much better partnership, when they did play together Eastwood always scored. But there you go..

Coventry La La La

I respect the fact he didn't say bad things about the club when he left... would be horrible if he went to Leicester and scored against us :eek:... And he did recieve alot of abuse at the Newcastle game last season so I don't think he would want to return

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Don't care where he goes...
We don't need him... Out with the old, In with the new, otherwise whats the point in trying to progress ?

hsccfc

I was a big fan of Leon Best on his day, but he did appear top think he was better than the team. The way for him to go down as one of the most hated with our fans would be to join Leicester though.

Pigeon

We honestly don't need him. The best thing Leon did for us was sell a bunch of those white face masks.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

We honestly don't need him. The best thing Leon did for us was sell a bunch of those white face masks.

This ^^^ :laugh:

Danny

i don't think we need him tbh he scored a few goals but i thought he was lazy at times especially when not having a good game

Users who are viewing this thread