Legals (1 Viewer)

higgs

With our owners going ahead with the legals if they lose this time is that their final chance will it be dead in the water if they lose again?

Would wasps ever do a deal with us if we go ahead with the legals and lose?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Civil action hasn’t even begun yet. They won’t start that until this process has been exhausted.

It’s far from over

OffenhamSkyBlue

The current appeal is in the Supreme Court ain’t it? Hopefully we’ll be out from under ECJ jurisdiction before they can take it there.
But yeah civil cases can last years!

lifeskyblue

How much in legal costs are being racked up? At some point surely they will need to be paid alongside any fines deemed fit in the legal process. Could that ultimately destroy sisu or council? Or am I being naive and both sides will weather any losses comfortably?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I've read somewhere that Wasps have invested something like £400,000 just having lawyers keeping up to date on the proceedings in the current court case. Despite sisu not winning the first case i dont think any expences have ever been paid.I may be wrong some one will probably put me right .Just as a side if the team had a wln % Sisu have in court we wouldn't need to be relegated to non league form would take us there.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I've read somewhere that Wasps have invested something like £400,000 just having lawyers keeping up to date on the proceedings in the current court case. Despite sisu not winning the first case i dont think any expences have ever been paid.I may be wrong some one will probably put me right .Just as a side if the team had a wln % Sisu have in court we wouldn't need to be relegated to non league form would take us there.
When Tim Fisher says SISU batter you in court, what he actually means is ,they batter your Bank Account.

Sky Blue Pete

No costs been paid yet

Fergusons_Beard

Can someone sensible point out to me what is wrong with SISU appealing?

Or for that matter what is wrong with SISU taking out any of the legal actions?

Without the sarcastic bollox or a smart arsed answer-just a really good reason why all the SISU court stuff is wrong and why.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ccfcway

Can someone sensible point out to me what is wrong with SISU appealing?

Or for that matter what is wrong with SISU taking out any of the legal actions?

Without the sarcastic bollox or a smart arsed answer-just a really good reason why all the SISU court stuff is wrong and why.

Thanks

nothing at all. There is nothing legally wrong with any of the court cases, as its their right to do it, that's the beauty of the justice system.

On the reverse, there is nothing legally wrong with wasps not wanting to talk to ccfc due to legals or because they don't like the colour of our shirts, its their ground to decide who they lend it to.

Fergusons_Beard

nothing at all. There is nothing legally wrong with any of the court cases, as its their right to do it, that's the beauty of the justice system.

That’s what I thought and can’t really understand why so much antipathy directed at SISU for carrying it on.

Ultimately surely if SISU wins legals CCFC win too?

ccfcway

That’s what I thought and can’t really understand why so much antipathy directed at SISU for carrying it on.

and if they lose (again) ?

and if they win, what's to suggest CCFC benefit ?.

Didn't CCFC release a statement today which said...

Coventry City Football Club and its management team cannot affect the stances of our Owners

SAJ

How much in legal costs are being racked up? At some point surely they will need to be paid alongside any fines deemed fit in the legal process. Could that ultimately destroy sisu or council? Or am I being naive and both sides will weather any losses comfortably?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From Sisu’s prospective they will look at the legal costs as a legitimate cost for the business which will reduce their tax liability. Therefore they are quite happy to keep throwing money at it as in reality the exchequer is paying a proportion of the costs every time they lose.

Sky Blue Pete

They have a legal right but there are consequences. I also think that a Sisu win doesn’t necessarily benefit ccfc in any way

Captain Dart

Isn't the first judicial review finished not knowing a thing about how courts run(not wanting to) but shouldn 't Susi have payed costs or have none been awarded.If not why not ?
As I understand it, costs will be awarded but they will not cover the actual cost of the defence only the court time and there is a significant delay between award and payment, they will certainly not be settled while appeals are ongoing.

Irish Sky Blue

It would seem to me that they are using the legal system to distress first ACL and now Wasps. As others have said, this is battering people with court rather than in court. The fairness of their case seems to be secondary (if it is there at all) to their intention to keep their opponents tied up in legal action. That would seem to be an abuse of the legal system.
I couldn't care less wh they pursue in the courts to be honest. However, the sad fact is that our football club suffers because of what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread