Legal action dropped (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

If this is already out there then please delete

ACL drop legal action against Northampton

slyblue57

Hardly suprised , ACL / CCC / SISU out , they re all a joke KCIC or rather bring Cov Back to Cov.
Pusb

Nick

Administrator
Is it because Leamington rugby club have taken action against them for stealing.cjs boot sale?

On another note, maybe it's a sign?

slyblue57

Hopefully not !
I m anti sisu but just as much anti acl and very anti ccc.
Sell the Ricoh or knock the place down ffs
Pusb

stupot07

Only because they had no case against Northampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

RPHunt

ACL statement this evening:

"We still believe our action against Northampton Town Football Club has strong legal merit.

"In light, however, of the Football League's decision to award the Golden Share to Otium Entertainment and the recent public statement made by Joy Seppala, it has become clear that even successful legal action will not bring the Club home from Northampton.

"We await Otium's best offer to return but to date we have heard nothing from them.

"Our focus remains on running our successful business."

Grendel

ACL statement this evening:

"We still believe our action against Northampton Town Football Club has strong legal merit.

"In light, however, of the Football League's decision to award the Golden Share to Otium Entertainment and the recent public statement made by Joy Seppala, it has become clear that even successful legal action will not bring the Club home from Northampton.

"We await Otium's best offer to return but to date we have heard nothing from them.

"Our focus remains on running our successful business."

In other words they never had a case. Another humiliating climb down by the clueless council quango - yet still some clowns on here defend them.

@richh87

Now for the evil pricks SISU to drop their totally disgusting challenge of the council mortgage bail out.

No other possible explanation than trying to distress ACL.

Scum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

georgehudson

grendel, all, on here are frustrated, disgusted, etc., by the situation,
all parties have their own proportion of blame,
ccc / acl / aht / otium / fl / fa,
it's a personal view as to exactly who you blame for the major %,
therefore it becomes akin to a political debate,
which side any individual is on,
my own view, whether that is relevant, or not,
is that Coventry City fans have been used & abused by greed,
appropriately, i for one, place my vote of blame against the current owners,
primarily because they have done nothing but harm to our cause since their takeover

Nick

Administrator
grendel, all, on here are frustrated, disgusted, etc., by the situation,
all parties have their own proportion of blame,
ccc / acl / aht / otium / fl / fa,
it's a personal view as to exactly who you blame for the major %,
therefore it becomes akin to a political debate,
which side any individual is on,
my own view, whether that is relevant, or not,
is that Coventry City fans have been used & abused by greed,
appropriately, i for one, place my vote of blame against the current owners,
primarily because they have done nothing but harm to our cause since their takeover

Why are you only allowed to blame one side? What is wrong with saying they ask have a part to play?

letsallsingtogether

You can but. at the end of the day only one has the day to day running of the club, and which direction to take.

So they have to take 90% of the blame, and with the current situation ACL have no say whatsoever happens to our club so now Sisu have to shoulder it all IMO.

Why are you only allowed to blame one side? What is wrong with saying they ask have a part to play?

Nick

Administrator
You can but. at the end of the day only one has the day to day running of the club, and which direction to take.

So they have to take 90% of the blame, and with the current situation ACL have no say whatsoever happens to our club so now Sisu have to shoulder it all IMO.

So you are saying you can blame more than one side but sisu have to take all the blame? Not disputing the fact they are mostly to blame though.

ohitsaidwalker king power

In other words they never had a case. Another humiliating climb down by the clueless council quango - yet still some clowns on here defend them.

Only one legal condemnation, only one illegal act undertaken...for which we all now pay the price; yet still some clowns on here defend them.

SkyBlueScottie

We await Otiums best offer..... Well that ain't going to happen..... Fucking idiots, the lot of em.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astute

So you are saying you can blame more than one side but sisu have to take all the blame? Not disputing the fact they are mostly to blame though.

How many sides out of the two want to talk?

How many sides are keeping us in Northampton?

How many sides are chatting shite to the media?

How many sides have been clearly bullshitting us?

How many sides keep putting us into admin and have threatened liquidation until the other side went for admin to stop the threat?

Do you want me to carry on Nick? Yes, only one side can bring us back to Coventry. But there are no signs of it at the moment. But you think we should blame both sides the same amount. What you are saying is what Joy wants you to say. That is what all the spin is about. You have fallen for it.

ohitsaidwalker king power

How many sides out of the two want to talk?

How many sides are keeping us in Northampton?

How many sides are chatting shite to the media?

How many sides have been clearly bullshitting us?

How many sides keep putting us into admin and have threatened liquidation until the other side went for admin to stop the threat?

How many sides have announced that further negotiations are conditional; with rights to the freehold of the Ricoh being mandatory?
A clear and absolute statement. The football club being held as a hostage, the ransom demand for its return?- The Ricoh arena.

Friends please, stop this "equal measure" blame game- there is one primary root cause- SISU.

:blue:

Last edited:

mrtrench

My opinion is that SISU is almost entirely to blame. ACL and CCC didn't have to come to CCFC's rescue when it couldn't afford its own stadium. However they did - risking tax payers' money and giving the club the ability to continue. If they were to sell up at a discount to SISU, that would effectively mean that Coventry taxpayers and a Charity have given money to a collection of very rich individuals. That is wrong and SISU must be forced to pay a fair market price for the stadium.

And yet how does SISU react when it cannot get the stadium for cheap? It blackmails the entire city by taking the club away and saying they will never play in Coventry again. If they were genuinely trying to get an amicable conclusion but didn't like the price of the Ricoh they would have accepted the reduced rent and then planned to build a second stadium inside Coventry. That is why I believe it's just another tactic to try and force a loaded deal.

Whilst I agree it would be better for the club to have its own stadium, SISU knew all this when it took on the club. So why exactly did an organisation designed specifically to get high returns for rich investors buy the club in the first place? It very much looks to me like it always was a scheme to rip off Coventry.

So, I support the Council and ACL to the hilt and I am proud of them for not rolling over. SISU is now a small child rolling around on the kitchen floor and screaming; the very last thing we should do at this stage is give them an ice cream.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Equally, why do posters such as Grenduffy only criticise one side? His anti-CCC/ACL rhetoric isn't even matched by one tenth of the criticism SISU's incessant maladministration and duplicity is deserved of. Navigate your way to GMK and you find the same. Maybe the mindset is that these folk are protective of 'the club'? But they've developed Stockholm Syndrome and can't see that their sycophantic support of 'the club' is actually giving its wayward owners sanction to sink to ever lower depths

skybluebal

Whatever side of the fence you sit, I believe this to be a pragmatic approach by CCC. They obviously tried to leverage the legal action threat to try and keep CCFC in Coventry. They can see it will not achieve anything and only cost money on legal fees for the taxpayer.

They have also said they await the best offer from SISU. Again, they are open to discussing the sale of the Ricoh. The ball is back in SISU's half - no doubt they will wait for the JR appeal decision after which we will all know if there is any chance of getting CCFC back to the Ricoh for next season.

Let's hope they will ALL start talking again in a constructive way. CCC should get a "fair" price and must ensure the club+stadium are forever linked.

Snozz_is_god

Equally, why do posters such as Grenduffy only criticise one side? His anti-CCC/ACL rhetoric isn't even matched by one tenth of the criticism SISU's incessant maladministration and duplicity is deserved of. Navigate your way to GMK and you find the same. Maybe the mindset is that these folk are protective of 'the club'? But they've developed Stockholm Syndrome and can't see that their sycophantic support of 'the club' is actually giving its wayward owners sanction to sink to ever lower depths

I agree with MMM's response, always intelligent, always thoughtful

CovFan

SISU brought the needless administration/liquidation antics on themselves by not keeping up their side of a legally binding financial contract. People seem to forget that the club themselves mentioned administration and liquidation long before ACL "threatened" it.

shy_tall_knight

I am a coventry fan who lives in Coventry and as much as I love the team, I also recognise that the club doesn't operate in a vacuum and has responsibilities to the people that saved it and funded a new stadium. Why did SISU not negotiate the freehold nor the rent or offer to buy the 50% ACL stake on acquisition back in 2007. Byng & Co in your business dealings how often when a business has failed so badly to they get given an asset for nothing or well below the market price ? I suggest never so please don't expect the council to cave in if your mob are so keen get your fax machine fixed and offer to buy either the club or the ground or shut up.

italiahorse

Everybody has some blame, Sisu, ACL, Council and us fans for not turning up in numbers required.
But there is no doubt that SISU are the biggest culprits in this and we should not dilute the fact by discussing this equally.

hill83

Everybody has some blame, Sisu, ACL, Council and us fans for not turning up in numbers required.
But there is no doubt that SISU are the biggest culprits in this and we should not dilute the fact by discussing this equally.

It may have been said before, but that is absolutely spot on and it's about time more people realised this too.
(the bolded part)

I also agree with the rest of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread