Left Back Slot: Wood or Hussey? (1 Viewer)

Ain't seen many mentions for Woody's performance vs Brighton! I thought he was fantastic, especially when they bombed in a few crosses and managed to get up and down the line pretty well considering it isn't his usual game. Not exactly blessed with pace, but neither is Hussey!

So just wondering, when fit, who would you have at left back, Hussey or Wood?

skybluek

Ain't seen many mentions for Woody's performance vs Brighton! I thought he was fantastic, especially when they bombed in a few crosses and managed to get up and down the line pretty well considering it isn't his usual game. Not exactly blessed with pace, but neither is Hussey!

So just wondering, when fit, who would you have at left back, Hussey or Wood?
i would prefer wood as he im more solid but hussey offers more of a attacking threat as he has got a great cross & did you just change my thread on christie VS clarke reworded it to be exact

TheHellion

I think perhaps we could start with Wood to offer some more experience at the back (which lets face it we need every last ounce of at the moment) but perhaps utilise Hussey later on in games. We know he likes getting forward and putting balls into the box. Perhaps if we introduced him as a fresh pair of legs later on in games, against tiring opposition, we could create a fair few chances. That said, Hussey and Wood have both, in my opinion, made a claim for that spot. It's a tough call to make.

TheOldFive

Go with a 3-5-2 with Wood, Crainie and Keogh and have Christie and Hussey pushed forward with Deegs, Thomas and oh, I dunno, another one in MF, Juke and McSheff up front.
Versatile with the wing backs popping backward and Craine stepping forward for a 4-4-2 if needed he's got enough quality to step into MF.

More likely Woody will get shunted up front when Juke goes....

ccfc_Tom

Couldn't make the brighton game but against bristol wood was much solid at left back than hussey, and offers a big threat from corners and free kicks which is something we need.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hussey for me, one of our better performers this season and are a rare City player capable of beating his man. Wood was great against Brighton and his short passing much improved. He was great defensively in the air, too. But he gets sucked inside far too much-more than Hussey-and has had far too many bad games in that role to be seen as a long term solution. Plus he doesn't overlap or cross well, something the diamond demands.

ccfcdan

Hussey is more mobile than Wood. For me Wood never really looks confident as a left back. Hussey is still developing and will be a great player at this level.

EleanorRigby

If I was Andy Thorn one of my transfer targets would be a proper left back and i would use Hussey further forward, he's strong on the ball, powerful and can deliver good crosses. As for Richard Wood okay as a makeshift full back but for me he's a centre half and a left sided one which is a bonus.

la-ccfc

With the way we play Hussey is by far the better option so we have a natural balance attack wise, you can see Wood is trying his hardest getting forward but he just looks so uncomfortable when he has got the ball.

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread