Lee Carsley could he do a better job than Thorn? (1 Viewer)

ccfc2011

Lee Carsley could he do a better job than Thorn?

Otis

The fact is no-one knows.

Why not promote Carsley to help Thorn though anyway?

EleanorRigby

We don't know but should the manager job be available why not go for a new broom we did it 50 years ago and we all know what happened there. We have tried the experienced ones such as Reid, Adams, Dowie, Coleman and Boothroyd and none really worked did they. We can't afford to nick one out of the lower leagues as we will have to pay some sort of compensation and a Billy Davies for example would cost too much in wages i would assume. Carsley and/or why not Dion Dublin and give either a good chance and time to establish a new regime,

Nonleagueherewecome

Whether he can do a better job or not, it certainly won't be enough of an improvement unless, as I've said before, he transpires to be the new Brian Clough and Matt Busby rolled into one. Ideally with a few mill of his own dosh to buy us a few players. Otherwise, he might have a honeymoon period of a few games where we don't lose. Then it will be normal service. You can't expect a man to build a magnificent cathedral with a just a child's plastic toy hammer for tools!

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Would Tango Man do any worse?? I'm not endorsing him but anyone would struggle to do a lot worse than Thorn. Carsley would be marginally preferable but I would prefer a proper "manager". No chance of that I suppose. Thank you SISU.

Otis

Whether he can do a better job or not, it certainly won't be enough of an improvement unless, as I've said before, he transpires to be the new Brian Clough and Matt Busby rolled into one. Ideally with a few mill of his own dosh to buy us a few players. Otherwise, he might have a honeymoon period of a few games where we don't lose. Then it will be normal service. You can't expect a man to build a magnificent cathedral with a just a child's plastic toy hammer for tools!

But you would expect him to make a cathedral at least into the shape of a cathedral.

Users who are viewing this thread