Lee Bowyer (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Turned down a new contract offer at Charlton, and will be leaving the club.

I wonder if he has been tapped up by another club?

Liquid Gold

Apparently Charlton didn't want to pay him an average Championship manager wage. I know it will send their fans mental but I wish more clubs would refuse to send themselves into debt at that level in particular.

fernandopartridge

Apparently Charlton didn't want to pay him an average Championship manager wage. I know it will send their fans mental but I wish more clubs would refuse to send themselves into debt at that level in particular.

Bowyer should be waiting a season really anyway to establish him and them as a Championship team

pastythegreat

Surely he should prove himself to be an average Championship manager before demanding an average Championship wage?!
Instead, his greed and the club's/fams desperation for him to stay on means he gets a big pay rise and extension on his contract, which they then have to pay out when they sit rock bottom at Xmas and need to move him on before bringing in another manager demanding average Championship wages. And so on.

Users who are viewing this thread