Leamington Supporters Club September Meeting Highlights (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Just letting everyone know the details of our meeting this Weds 19th Sept.
You do not need to be from Leamington to join, so come along as I suspect this will be one of our best meetings to date.
Its at St Patricks Irish Club - Adelaide Road - Leamington Spa (next to the river) and starts at 7.30pm.
Non-members need to get there by 7.15pm so we can quickly get you registered.
Guests from the club include Michael Doyle and Conor Chaplin and as usual they will be taking questions from the members present on the night.
We will have our usual raffle which normally includes prizes of signed players kit or boots - VIP match packages and loads of other exclusive bits & pieces.
The bar will be open and we lay on a free buffet.

If you are not a member you will need to join on the night and this will cost a one-off fee of £10 - you will get the Leamington Supporters Club badge and this will get you in to all subsequent meetings for free plus you will then be able to travel to away games with the club. (PM me for details of upcoming away games).
These are great nights and you get insights into the club that you might not normally get access to.
I am happy to answer any questions you might have on here - if you think you might come along like this post and I will send you a PM confirming the details.
PUSB
Gary

GaryJones

A few people have asked if they can bring a guest with them on Weds.
You can bring guests however this is a members only club event so each guest will need to join the supporters club on the night.
£10 will get you a badge that allows you in to all subsequent meetings for free.

GaryJones

We have Conor Chaplin and Michael Doyle taking questions tonight.
Does anybody have a question they would like me to ask them?

Nick

Administrator

At the Trust meeting they said they would easily knock the Leamington fans out and their badges are for girls.

Who does Michael Doyle think would win?

Sky Blue Harry H

th

You wouldn't believe he's such a nice bloke off the pitch - unless he meets up with any Trust members who diss the L&W supporters club!!

christonabike

I can see Doyler managing the club in the future. Has the passion and drive to do well.
Hope tonight goes well. How about asking Doyle to have a word with the squad and to pick a home game they choose and ask the fans via say the CET and radio etc to get as many fans as possible to buy a ticket and make the day an ideal fundraiser for the fans that have fallen on hard times to buy a season ticket for next season like we did at the beginning of the season and to put a few quid in the kitty for the JSB area?
Just an idea.

Magwitch

I can see Doyler managing the club in the future. Has the passion and drive to do well.
Hope tonight goes well. How about asking Doyle to have a word with the squad and to pick a home game they choose and ask the fans via say the CET and radio etc to get as many fans as possible to buy a ticket and make the day an ideal fundraiser for the fans that have fallen on hard times to buy a season ticket for next season like we did at the beginning of the season and to put a few quid in the kitty for the JSB area?
Just an idea.
Can somebody ask Michael Doyle what his plans are when he retires, ie coaching etc and does he hope to stay at the club ?

Adge

Unfortunately I’m missing this one as at work-but if you are in the area and can make it then get along. Worth the £10 alone just to get away tickets if you are not a season ticket holder etc. The LWCCFC are certainly at the front of the que with the club at the minute. Can only see it going from strength to strength and every meeting that passes there are more people who attend the next. Fair play.

Skyblueweeman

For Doyle:
What does he see himself doing after he retires from playing?
Have the club mentioned anything to him about staying on after he plays?
What does he feel is realistic for the club this season?
Does the off field matters affect players?
Who is the best player he's ever played against?
Pick or Pick - Froome or Wiggins? Golf or Tennis? Greggs or Subway? Monkey Butlers or Hooters Waitresses? Dongo or Rasputin?

For Chaplin:
Does he really hate Kenny Jackett?

rob9872

Wtf Grays gone?????!!!!!!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ask Michael Doyle if Mark Robins knows what formation the team should play .

And if he was the manager what formation would his team play.

GaryJones

Doyle - Goal at home to Wycombe last season - yes I meant it!

GaryJones

Chaplin - Favourite player - Henry at Arsenal.
Doyle - Favourite player - John Barnes

GaryJones

Doyle - Andy Reid Notts Forest best player he has played against.
Chaplin - Lewis Cook Bournemouth - couldn’t get anywhere near him!

GaryJones

Doyle - best ground I’ve ever played at - Highfield Road was unbelievable - loved playing there!
Nothing else touches it.

GaryJones

Chaplin - what do you do in spare time?
I love my dog! I’ve got a Staffy.

GaryJones

Meeting wrapping up and I didn’t win the raffle (again!).
Calls in the room for Coventry City to grant Michael Doyle a testimonial as he has spent 10 years (over 2 spells) at the club!
Well received and we are writing to the club to see what they think

GaryJones

That’s all from here - meeting has ended now.

Greggs

For Doyle:
What does he see himself doing after he retires from playing?
Have the club mentioned anything to him about staying on after he plays?
What does he feel is realistic for the club this season?
Does the off field matters affect players?
Who is the best player he's ever played against?
Pick or Pick - Froome or Wiggins? Golf or Tennis? Greggs or Subway? Monkey Butlers or Hooters Waitresses? Dongo or Rasputin?

For Chaplin:
Does he really hate Kenny Jackett?
Who the heck is Subway?

Mucca Mad Boys

Can somebody ask Michael Doyle what his plans are when he retires, ie coaching etc and does he hope to stay at the club ?

I’m sure I’ve seen Robins say somewhere that he’s offered Doyle a coaching role when he eventually retires. He just has no plans to retire yet and he could easily last another 2-3 seasons in L2 if he wanted to. He’s a consummate professional and has averaged over 40 games every season since he left us after his first spell.

GaryJones

Funny moment of the night - a 7 year old won Conor Chaplins match shirt worn at the Barnsley game - as he walked up he said quite innocently “this shirt will probably fit me”
I know Conor Chaplin is small but come on - under the belt for a 7 year old!

Irish Sky Blue

Just got back. Really enjoyable evening even though by the time we got there it was standing room only. Both Doyle and Chaplin came over really well. Both spoke clearly and honestly I thought. Evening was well organised with a really good atmosphere and with raffle prizes I would like to win. Didn’t try it, but the buffet, which was free, looked good too. First time I have been, but I will go again. Well done to everyone who organised. Talk of branches opening in Kenilworth, Southam and up here in the north in Nuneaton and Bedworth. Good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread