League One play off final (1 Viewer)

Marty

What a shite game of football!

wingy

52,000....can't believe it for such a big game ,i guess the cost is prohibitive ,still never mind motorway delays and all that hassle ,at least Wembley gets its obligatory cut.

Marty

The place looks empty, couldn't believe it when they said on SSN that you could pay on the gate today. I reckon we would take 35,000 - 40,000 if we went back to Wembley.

Marty

It's empty in half of the top tier of the sheff utd part as well. Wembley is 90,000 i think, to have near 40,000 empty seats for a game this big is aweful.

Marty

you're probably right, they'd all come out the woodwork if we played one of the top 6 though. :jerkit:

Marty

some daft lass balling her eyes out. You haven't lost yet love.

Marty

They're getting worse, 3 penalties - 3 misses.

Marty

22 penalties taken. - Huddersfield promoted. :D

wingy

Thank god we've had the football fix today ,although it was pretty dire ,hopefully the one tonight will be more of a spectacle ,but don't hold your breath.:facepalm:

ccfc2011

congrats to Huddersfield

Grendel

Because they are the terriers?

hemelsky

Went to the match. I was surprised when the attendance was announced - yes there were a lot of empty seats in the top tiers but 38,000 empty?? I don't think so!
The costs were horrendous for anyone coming down from Yorkshire (especially with kids). Cheapest seats £34 (OK £17 for a kid), Small soft drink over £3, pizza slice £6.50 - Wembley is becoming increasingly a rip off . Even the seats aren't great, leg room poor - better at the Emirates or even at MK Dons (!).
The game was indeed poor but the shoot out was nailbiting - at the end I thought I was going to die when the huge beer monster who was sat next to me (who I didn't know) turned and gave me a crushing bear hug (a couple of ribs still feel a bit tender!).

Users who are viewing this thread