League one news/transfers 2018/19 (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

I know football is a dog eat dog world but you have to feel slightly sorry for Shrewsbury. The team they fielded in their play-off final a few months ago has been completely ripped apart.

Payne (Off to Bristol Rovers)
Brown (refused contract)
Ogogo (refused contract)
Nolan (sold)
Nsiala (sold)
Henderson (loan expiry)
Rodman (refused contract)
MacGillivray (refused contract)
Riley (released)
Morris (loan expiry)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I know football is a dog eat dog world but you have to feel slightly sorry for Shrewsbury. The team they fielded in their play-off final a few months ago has been completely ripped apart.

Payne (Off to Bristol Rovers)
Brown (refused contract)
Ogogo (refused contract)
Nolan (sold)
Nsiala (sold)
Henderson (loan expiry)
Rodman (refused contract)
MacGillivray (refused contract)
Riley (released)
Morris (loan expiry)

They’ve signed a bloke on loan from rangers today.

Bryn Morris is permanent with them but they’ve sent him to Wycombe on loan.

My ST mate there thinks they’ll still finish mid table.

Got our yearly bet on and I’m confident this year.

Still can’t believe they finished higher than us in L1 than we did in L2 last season!
I was sure it was a banker!

SkyBlueCRJ

They’ve signed a bloke on loan from rangers today.

Bryn Morris is permanent with them but they’ve sent him to Wycombe on loan.

My ST mate there thinks they’ll still finish mid table.

Got our yearly bet on and I’m confident this year.

Still can’t believe they finished higher than us in L1 than we did in L2 last season!
I was sure it was a banker!

Really? I think judging from their business they'll struggle. Admittedly they've got a solid midfield but goals will be a huge problem for them this season. Without Payne, Nolan, Morris and Rodman chipping in, their main goal threats are gone and looking at those who have come into the club, I can't see any direct goalscoring threats apart from Whalley.

The same issue applies to the defence. Without Henderson and Nsiala their defence certainly won't have anywhere near the same record as it showed last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky Blue Harry H

Really? I think judging from their business this they'll struggle. Admittedly they've got a solid midfield but goals will be a huge problem for them this season. Without Payne, Nolan, Morris and Rodman chipping in, their main goal threats are gone and looking at those who have come into the club, I can't see any direct goalscoring threats apart from Whalley.

The same issue applies to the defence. Without Henderson and Nsiala their defence certainly won't have anywhere near the same record as it showed last season.

Luke Waterfall was a big signing for them - surprised Lincoln let him go.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Really? I think judging from their business they'll struggle. Admittedly they've got a solid midfield but goals will be a huge problem for them this season. Without Payne, Nolan, Morris and Rodman chipping in, their main goal threats are gone and looking at those who have come into the club, I can't see any direct goalscoring threats apart from Whalley.

Totally agree! Plus they’ve got Haynes!

I’ve had £2 on them to go down at 8/1.

Sky Blue Harry H

Shrewsbury fans already want Haynes starting ahead of Beckles after the latters performance on Saturday. Something makes me think they might retract that statement soon enough.

Christ - is David Beckles still playing - class act when he was younger, but his career bottomed out at AC Milan.

Nonleagueherewecome

Shrewsbury fans already want Haynes starting ahead of Beckles after the latters performance on Saturday. Something makes me think they might retract that statement soon enough.
Wonder if there will be a post like that on the Walsall forum when we are calling for Bakayoko to be given a start?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I saw a fair bit of Shrews last year and Beckles was in my top 3.
Amazed when my mate said Junior Brown who was injured at the time said Brown was easily the best left back in the league!

SkyBlueCRJ

I saw a fair bit of Shrews last year and Beckles was in my top 3.
Amazed when my mate said Junior Brown who was injured at the time said Brown was easily the best left back in the league!

I've never seen him play admittedly but from reports last season I've always assumed he was a solid left back at League One level. But, given the quality of their defence last season, maybe they made him look better than he actually was....

SkyBlueCRJ

Wonder if they may come in for JCH.

Difficult to say. Jackson isn't in the same mould as JCH. He's frighteningly quick but not that strong. Whereas on paper (I stress the phrase on paper), JCH hasn't got blistering pace but he is strong. Might be a club who put in a last minute bid for Chaplin? They would've raked in a considerable amount of money for Jackson so they certainly have the capital behind them. The last I heard they weren't accepting anything less than £2.5 million after they rejected a £1.75 million bid.

SkyBlueCRJ

Shrewsbury sign Ollie Norburn from Tranmere. You have to wonder where their goals are going to come from this season.

Users who are viewing this thread