League one news/transfers 2018/19 (1 Viewer)

larry_david

They served him his notice 18 months ago when they were bottom of league 2. Since then they won about 19 out of 22 and finished in the play offs. They then came crawling back offering him a new deal but clearly he was hacked off. Good on him

NorthernWisdom

Talk about from one extreme to the other. That said, the way the Exeter Trust treated him doesn't show fan ownership in such a great light.
Our fans would have been lynching any manager at the time he was served notice, if we were in the same position.

tbh if they'd been able to afford to pay him off and him go instantly, most people would have suggested it was the right decision. What it *does* show is that changing the manager isn't necessarily the answer when you're struggling...

He can do better than MK though! Got to hope he leaves them at the bottom of the league!

Manchester_sky_blue

Pompey have signed Tom Naylor from Burton on a free. Decent bit of business that i think, still only 26 and very versatile.

Plymouth have signed Conor Grant after he was released by Everton

better days

I'd imagine a lot of our targets will be ex Chelsea given the Viveash connection. Hopefully we'll see some come in soon either way
I suspect this is going to happen
Chelsea have had the best U21 team for some time including plenty from the successful England age group teams
Have a hunch we could use Viveash connection to bring in one or two of the very best youngsters with pace who are potential future full England caps
Add to that bringing in one or two more tough, experienced leaders at L1 level like Kelly and Doyle and we'll be a lot shorter odds than we are now even if Bayliss and McNulty get offers they can't refuse

SkyBlueCRJ

A few really good signings made by League One clubs recently.
Dylan McGeouch - Sunderland
Luke Hyam - Southend
Luke Garbutt - Oxford

Captain Dart

Magwitch

So Posh have acquired 13 new players ! Well we have signed 9 if you include the Sterling loan plus atleast one striker and counting add to that the return of Tony Andreu and Jodie Jones who are just like new signings, we have Robins they have Evans know who my money is on to get it right.

Terry Gibson's perm

What a surprise fat man is signing lots of players does that mean he will be off before the end of the season again, the amount of players he signs he must be very pally with the agents;)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Danny Lloyd who scored 13 in 26 starts for Peterborough has gone to Salford City......

Peterborough chairman has had a pop at Lloyd said he was on peanuts and the Chairman has said he was on over £80k a year.

Last edited:

skyblueelephant76

Danny Lloyd who scored 13 in 26 starts for Peterborough has gone to Salford City......

Peterborough chairman has had a pop at Lloyd said he was on peanuts and the Chairman has said he was on over £80k a year.
Salford have now signed Adam Rooney from Aberdeen and are paying him £4k a week to play non-league football. Won't be long before they are in the football league with the backing they have.

SkyBlueCRJ

Scunthorpe have managed to sign Cameron Borthwick-Jackson on a season long loan from Manchester United. Seriously good signing from them.

Warwickhunt

thats caused Wycombe a right hole in the team to try and cover, i thought the lad would be ideal for league1 maybe lower championship.

SlowerThanPlatt

They’re second favourites for the drop. They’ve bought hardly anyone in and have a squad full of old journeymen. Looking at the odds, I can’t believe Accrington are favourites for the drop

Terry Gibson's perm

They’re second favourites for the drop. They’ve bought hardly anyone in and have a squad full of old journeymen. Looking at the odds, I can’t believe Accrington are favourites for the drop

But they still have the media best lower league player

Nick

Administrator
2 Shrewsbury players just handed a transfer request in after a bid was rejected from a champ club.

Wonder if its ipswich?

M

Martw

2 Shrewsbury players just handed a transfer request in after a bid was rejected from a champ club.

Wonder if its ipswich?
Deffo Ipswich, reported down here as they bid circa £700k for both but Shrews value them both at £1million. Hurst has also bought in a CH from Accrington and is after a CH from Blackpool, add a winger from crawley and I think he has exclusively brought players in from leagues 1 and 2, interesting strategy but he will have a load in credit because he isn't Mick McCarthy

SkyBlueCRJ

I'd be very worried if I were an Ipswich fan. I think nearly all signings have been from lower leagued teams.

larry_david

Tom James fails to agree terms with wba from Yeovil. How come our players never fail to agree, they're out the door as soon as a bid accepted!

In other news Newports captain has left them after turning down a new deal. Mom vs spurs in the fa Cup but also has a broken knee

Users who are viewing this thread