League One attendances (1 Viewer)

TewkesburySkyBlue

very interesting. Even if we weren’t to improve on last season’s crowds which seems unlikely, we would have the sixth biggest attendances.
If we could get above 13000 which seems possible given the current wave of enthusiasm for the club, we would be third behind Bradford City and Portsmouth.
Let’s hope these numbers reflect our league position at the end of next season..

Kingokings204

Also important to state attendances mean nothing to results. Accrington has a reported joint lowest budget and won the league and they averaged around 1500 a game.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Also important to state attendances mean nothing to results. Accrington has a reported joint lowest budget and won the league and they averaged around 1500 a game.
Yes true but surely the Accrington situation is exceptional.You only need to look st the statistics to see what you say is true. Leeds for example near the top of Championship attendances but have won naff all for years.

skyblue1991

Considering the feel good factor, momentum and average season ticket prices, what do you think our average attendance will be next season?

I'd say at least 12000

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Average will probably be about 10,000-12,000 is my initial guess. Around 15,000 to 18,000 on the first day of the season.

Terry Gibson's perm

It will also depend on signings and ambition being shown by the owners plus results.

Sky Blue Harry H

But early on the transfer business is the only thing they can see
The thing is, hardly any of the players that we sign at our level are 'big name' players that would affect someone's decision to get a season ticket or come to a game (stood on the station with a Leamington fan, coming to Wembley, who didn't know who Bayliss wa). In the Prem, you can sign a Robbie Keane and get excited. We may sign a great youth player from Reading, but it won't excite anybody, except for us regulars.

bawtryneal

A winning team playing good football and the fans will return
It's simple really
If anybody stays away because of NOPM or SISU or Fisher they are mad.
Let's all move on and see where it takes us
I posted 6 months ago that keep MR and his team together and we will be in the championship in 2019/2020 season and still believe that is true.

Terry Gibson's perm

Fans are weird.

I'm sure at League One and Two level nearly everyone we ever sign hardly anyone has ever heard of.

But they will see that they mean business if they replace what they get rid of rather than cost cutting or book balancing

Sky Blue Harry H

Ambition in keeping bayliss and Mcnulty.

Agreed, but there comes a point where, If you're going to get offered £2M now or nothing a few months down the line, you'd be an idiot to ignore the money. It will be the players themselves who help make the club's mind up for them. I won't blame the owners for this if anybody leaves, as it will be the players /agents who dictate. It is up to the club to get the best deal possible to strengthen. We do, at least, have a solid foundation to build from.

Mcbean

MR was quick off the mark on last years transfers and now its seen to pay dividends - people can see the potential without all the sales patter - Allesani seems a good move so fingers crossed all the business is wrapped up quickly

Evo1883

Sunderland had already sold 17000 season tickets last week , so they will piss the average I’d imagine they will average 25-30000 as I’d expect a successful season from them , Bradford are showing signs of a downturn so I’d imagine they will average 16-18000, I’m hoping we can average 13-15000

rob9872

Last season was 9k if we didn' sell any more we'd expect 11k average from more away fans - lots last year could have come on a skateboard. I expect we'll average around 14k and a push into the championship will be 17-18k the following season.

Users who are viewing this thread