League 2 rent (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

So SISU keep banging on about an average rent of £170k in League One.

If we stay in admin and the embargo, and drop down another division this time next season, what is the average rent in League Two ?

James Smith

If we stay in admin and the embargo, and drop down another division this time next season, what is the average rent in League Two ?

No idea but I'd bet there are a few more venues closer to Coventry that meet L2 standards.

James Smith

No idea but I'd bet there are a few more venues closer to Coventry that meet L2 standards.

ccfcway

James, whats your thoughts on there being a few more venues closer to Coventry that meet L2 standards ?

Lord_Nampil

it is league standard, not league 2,league 1, championship , Premier League standard! I think in the championship you have to be all seater within 3 seasons and premier league you have to be all seater within 1 season!

Hinckley is the closest league standard ground!

James Smith

James, whats your thoughts on there being a few more venues closer to Coventry that meet L2 standards ?

Just that there aren't many that meet L1 standards close to Coventry but there may well be more that meet L2 if we do sadly drop down another division. If SISU are intent on moving us (assuming they have control of our club) from our home Ricoh then they might find it easier to do so in L2 and stay close to Coventry.

James Smith

it is league standard, not league 2,league 1, championship , Premier League standard! I think in the championship you have to be all seater within 3 seasons and premier league you have to be all seater within 1 season!

Aah I didn't know that, although aren't there requirements for the number of fans able to be accommodated?

Lord_Nampil

Aah I didn't know that, although aren't there requirements for the number of fans able to be accommodated?

I think, and stress think in this, its also about press box and hospitality ext box etc, Although nuneaton are in the conference, they would have to finish off their main stand to become league standard. I seem to remember Fulham playing in the top flight with standing but ground sharing with QPR for 2 seasons while they upgraded there ground as well! Cardiff were allowed to play in the championship for longer than 3 seasons as they had a plan to build a new stadium.

wingy

Just that there aren't many that meet L1 standards close to Coventry but there may well be more that meet L2 if we do sadly drop down another division. If SISU are intent on moving us (assuming they have control of our club) from our home Ricoh then they might find it easier to do so in L2 and stay close to Coventry.

As you can't see it on your screen James CCFCWAY was joshing as you had a double post .

In your response in the final post ground capacity will be an irrelevance ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

Far be it for me to speak on his behalf, but I wouldn't be surprised to read that he'd bet there are a few more venues closer to Coventry that meet L2 standards. Just a hunch.

James Smith

Thanks I've no idea why that happened.

psgm1

Banned

Hinckley IS NOT league standard - below 5000

stupot07

League 2 min standards are the same for league 1 - so NO DIFFERENCE.

5k min

Are you sure? Afc wimbledons stadium kingsmeadow holds 4,722.

Updated: just checked, must have capacity of 5k, because we've been in the football league for more than 3 seasons..

Last edited:

GaryPendrysEyes

There is no such thing as a 'league 2 rent'. Rent isnt a commodity, Rent is what you agree in a contract... and then dont honour in Sisu's case.

WFC

Well, to give you an example Bradford City's rent in 2011 was £370,000.

Grendel

Well, to give you an example Bradford City's rent in 2011 was £370,000.

Aren't Bradford in a similar position to Walsall? Paying a former Chairmen's pension fund?

Grendel

Notts County pay £20,000 a year.

WFC

Aren't Bradford in a similar position to Walsall? Paying a former Chairmen's pension fund?

Yep, same situation which is why I'm aware of it from when I did research a couple of years ago whilst working with the club and fans on the disputes between them Back then.

If you go back a little bit further they were paying nearly £1M.

The problem with this £170,00 average that has been chucked about is I've no idea of the source of this or how it's been calculated. For instance bass it genuinely been calculated across just clubs actually renting grounds or is it the total rent paid divided by the number of clubs in the league which would artificially lower the figure.

I'd be interested to know if someone knows this.

Another thing is that just looking at the figure is misleading as well. If you take for instance Northampton who have a 150 year lease for a minimal rent, part of the terms is that they have to maintain various facilities like a running track etc to specified standards which incurs additional cost as well as making the stadium available for various community events without being able to Levy a charge for this.

The other point is as someone says Notts County pay far less but it is basically an shed. Also these were built years ago and although the built cost would have been significant in those days it probably wouldn't amount to a years salary or even a months salary for many people now and has long since been recouped. The Ricoh is the best stadium in the division this season and is still relatively newly built. So comparing the rent for it against the average for other grounds is a bit useless and misleading.

It's a bit like having a street of 25 terrace houses built in 1920 and then having a newly built 6 bedroom, high spec manor house with swimming pool at the end of the road and saying the rent is way too high for that because the average rent paid by everyone else in the street is only a fifth of what you pay for the manor house. £2,500 pcm compared to everyone else's £500pcm outrageous!

Brighton Sky Blue

If we go down again the club will cease to exist.

Users who are viewing this thread