Leading Goalscorer next season (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

I say McNulty. 20 goals
G Thomas ( if he stays ) 15 goals.

Terry Gibson's perm

New player 21 goals in a promotion winning season not yet signed

Last edited:

Bugsy

Max Biamou = 21......PUSB

bawtryneal

Need to score best part of 80 goals for automatic promotion.
Do need a twenty goal guy, two or three in the mid-teens and five or six players all scoring seven or eight.
Simple really.

better days

Kwame Thomas is getting high ratings here based on 2 goals scored in his professional career, recognise that he is a young lad but not as optimistic as others

Kwame is unlikely to stay fit
I think some of our young lads will step up and score a lot more goals now they have a team of experienced guys in their prime around them
We created lots of chances last year but seemed to need 9 or 10 for each goal

steve82

Kwame Thomas is getting high ratings here based on 2 goals scored in his professional career, recognise that he is a young lad but not as optimistic as others

Bit unfair on kwame Thomas that, he scored 3 in his 14 appearances with a few of them from the bench.
The lad had no preseason as such as he had a slight injury were told when he signed.
Then he tore his groin that required surgery and was thrown back in and looked useful in games at times notching 3 before picking up another niggle.

Hopefully he can have a clear run in preseason and come back stronger and fitter than he was and get a run of games.
It's too soon to write him off but based on 3 in 14 in league one I think he can reach 10 goals in all competitions this year. Pace and power he possesses and that's ideal for league two

Gazolba

Need to score best part of 80 goals for automatic promotion.
Do need a twenty goal guy, two or three in the mid-teens and five or six players all scoring seven or eight.
<snip>
And can anyone really see that happening with our current squad?
Don't forget we have to allow for the inevitable long-term injuries of a few players.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I quite liked the look of kwayme. Shame it looks like he won't be sticking around. If fit, he could offer us something. Not necessarily goals, but he has height, he's quite athletic and I think he could have been useful alongside others who do seem more of a goal threat

As for goals, I hope each of the strikers get at least 10 each. Need more, but it'd be nice to see more than one get into double figures for a change

Greggs

Leading goalscorer next season.........will be sold in January

Liquid Gold

3 in 14 games. If he stays fit based on that he'll get around 10. Massive if though.

6 of those appearances were off the bench too.
He has a strange way about him. Seems like he can barely stand up, always looks on the edge of falling over but goals seem to bounce in off him

hill83

Tell you what, I'll do my usual failure of a bet with anyone who wants it. Money to charity. If K Thomas plays more than 30 games he'll get 20 goals this season. Every goal under 20 he scores I'll donate £1 to any charity.

fernandopartridge

We've signed 2 strikers, the likelihood of signing another is low imo. There is no such thing as a guaranteed 20 goal player anyway, and it's not a good idea to rely on one player like that.

ajsccfc

I saw something posted on Twitter about how of all the top scorers in the division, only two were part of promoted teams. A striker capable of 20 a season would be fantastic, but it's goals from all over the team that are more vital.

Cavan O'Doherty

I saw something posted on Twitter about how of all the top scorers in the division, only two were part of promoted teams. A striker capable of 20 a season would be fantastic, but it's goals from all over the team that are more vital.
We still haven't got that yet though. It can be in the form of a 20 goal striker or a couple of goal scoring attacking midfielders(similar to Moussa), but goals are still needed.

st john

This is right, midfielders who can score goals tend to provide more opportunities for the main strikers so the team in general scores more goals

Terry Gibson's perm

I think Kwame is ok and if he could keep fit would score a few he has a bit of strikers luck where the ball hits him on the arse and goes in but many won't like him as he doesn't run around like a rabid dog.

Users who are viewing this thread