Le Tissier's Finest (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

After Gazza he's the best English player I've seen live. Pure class and above all else humble & loyal. Very much doubt we'll see anything like him again.

mechaishida

After Gazza he's the best English player I've seen live. Pure class and above all else humble & loyal. Very much doubt we'll see anything like him again.

Agree 100%. I always remember that goal he scored at HR, in '96, it was almost a carbon copy of the goal he scored against the Vile the season previous (I think).

The media always slated him as lazy and lacking ambition, but yeah, that's the media for you.

ratovan2

Once rumoured to be coming to City on loan, at the time I was very disappointed it didn`t happen would have loved to see him in a city shirt

ccfc92

Is it just me, or do the goals look massive? As in really wide?

0.38 seconds into that video, pause it.

Gazolba

Yes, he certainly was special. As much natural skill as any other British player ever.

Another brilliant player who never achieved his full potential was Stan Colleymore. Our version of the Brazilian Ronaldo. A fantastic striker, he could have been a superstar but mental issues handicapped his career.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxBwjEiloEM

skybluetony176

Unbelievable that he only had 8 full England caps. They should have taken him to all the major tournaments during his career to a) take the penalty training and b) if nothing else to sub when it was heading to penalties to let him take one. We might have won a few penalty shootouts then.

Awesome player.

ccfc92

Old school goals, mate, plus in one clip at The Dell, the goals look quite wonky and are leaning forward a bit.

I did try and research goals over the years, but apparently they've been a regulation of 8 feet by 24 feet for a 100 years or so?

Users who are viewing this thread