Late night /early morning radio talk show (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4439

Ever since having my tinnitus but also because I spend a restless hour or two in bed before managing to drop off to sleep, I have for many years listened to speech-based, i.e. talk, radio. I have R4, R4 live, R5 and TS on speed dial but I'm looking for something else that I might be able to pick up on DAB, locally: talksport is often the same of shite, the two R4 programmes often seen to have esoteric plays or commentaries on (rather than politics, analysis, docs etc), whilst R5 has become a never-ending saga of touchy-feely, real-life stories phone-in show, all through the night, with the likes of Nolan, Adebayo and Davies.

Cheers for any suggestions

clint van damme

Why don't you try some podcasts?
There was a thread with some good recommendations on here.

D

Deleted member 4439

Daft, I know, forget about that, as I did go through Crouch sessions once. And now that my thoughts have been triggered, I could possibly look to subscribe to audible. Get a small Bluetooth speaker, and done.

Thanks for helping me think about it.

clint van damme

Daft, I know, forget about that, as I did go through Crouch sessions once. And now that my thoughts have been triggered, I could possibly look to subscribe to audible. Get a small Bluetooth speaker, and done.

I listen on Spotify. As Hill said unlimited choice and you can choose what you fancy.

D

Deleted member 4439

Thanks, downloading and started browsing now.

Will look for the thread(y)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Iain lee on talkradio was worth a listen .
Going back a while mike Graham and mike parry were great over night Shane they fell out
Colin Murray on radio 5 is good
I tend to listen to more podcasts Top flight time machine and the socially distant sports bar are a particular favourite

hill83

Audible is well worth the cost. But if you say you are going to leave they give you 3 months for £3.99.

LastGarrison

Iain lee on talkradio was worth a listen .
Going back a while mike Graham and mike parry were great over night Shane they fell out
Colin Murray on radio 5 is good
I tend to listen to more podcasts Top flight time machine and the socially distant sports bar are a particular favourite
I’ve really gotten into Socially Distanced Sports Bar.

A really good balance in the presenters and can genuinely be laugh out loud funny.

Think I’m on the 12th or 13th episode.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Have you heard the story about Mike Bubbins teacher taking the PE class to Wimbledon for the tennis ?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yeah! Now that was proper laugh out loud funny! All ended up with a copy of Razzle instead. :LOL:

Think the Welsh tones also add to the stories being told.
Yes particularly when they emphasise the accent when doing characters

D

Deleted member 4439

Try Times Radio. Have been listening to it for a week on and off. It's a bit like Radio 5 used to be before it became a woman's station.

I have looked for this but couldn't find it on my dab - will try again.

RegTheDonk

DAB wise you've hit the ones I listen to (R4, R4X) but Talk Radio isn't too bad as Daz says. I usually listen to Howard Hughes on Sunday night, some interesting guests and stories, some downright delusional, but a fun way to drop off.

Worth doing podcasts or audiable as suggested, at least you have some choice as to what you want to listen to.

Or perhaps spend an evening browsing RadioguideFM see if there's enough there that might warrent downloading their app, or even investing in an internet radio.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve been watching so
I’ve really gotten into Socially Distanced Sports Bar.

A really good balance in the presenters and can genuinely be laugh out loud funny.

Think I’m on the 12th or 13th episode.
t
Yeah! Now that was proper laugh out loud funny! All ended up with a copy of Razzle instead. :LOL:

Think the Welsh tones also add to the stories being told.
Mike bubbins does a bit of stand up if your interested

Sky_Blue_Daz

Late night radio used to be ace in particular the early days of talk radio
Ceaser the geezer
Tommy boyd
Ian Collins over night
Matt forde used to do 1am till 6am

And I’m sure job gaunt done abit Overnight on talksport before he got the mid morning slot

Grendel

D

Deleted member 4439

In the last interview with him that I saw he said that the chemo was working well, least in terms of helping him live with day to day.

Users who are viewing this thread