Last Night's Performance.... (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

On last night's performance we could have beaten many Premiership teams outside the "big" top 6 or 7. Even the likes of QPR, Norwich, Saints etc get thumped by the big guns. I am as proud as punch of the lads -- they gave their best, kept going even when 4 - 5 - 6 down and heads never dropped. Well done all of you -- and Mark Robbins.

That's pretty much what I reckon and said so earlier.

Link

We wern't really thrashed, just beaten by world class finishing. The rest of the areas were 50/50 in our favour :whistle:.

Otis

That's pretty much what I reckon and said so earlier.

Link

We wern't really thrashed, just beaten by world class finishing. The rest of the areas were 50/50 in our favour :whistle:.

Did we use that same excuse against Shrewsbury? :whistle:

sky_blue_up_north

Totally agree with VOR, 6-1 but does not feel like a thrashing, it was game where we showed, guts and the desire to win, something that has been so sadly missing. Onwards and upwards. PROUD to e and Sky Blue for the first time for a long time, I'm still buzzing now. Looking forward to our first win against Oldham on Saturday.

ccfcway

Totally agree with VOR, 6-1 but does not feel like a thrashing, it was game where we showed, guts and the desire to win, something that has been so sadly missing. Onwards and upwards. PROUD to e and Sky Blue for the first time for a long time, I'm still buzzing now. Looking forward to our first win against Oldham on Saturday.

Did you not feel the same after the Brum game ?

valiant15

Praising them after a thrashing is stupid imo. No wonder the standard is so crap. I no it was arsenal by the way if anyone starts jacking off.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Praising them after a thrashing is stupid imo. No wonder the standard is so crap. I no it was arsenal by the way if anyone starts jacking off.

So should we criticise them even though we didn't perform that badly?

Shall we not save the criticism for the remainder of our fixtures? Because I anticipate there'll be plenty of opportunity to use it in the coming games! (Hope not but probably will)

ashbyjan

Up to now this seasons performances have lacked quality and lacked passion, last night we showed passion just no quality. In our self inflicted financial situation we cannot or will not invest in quality but if the team show passion and desire the fans will get behind them and in this league it might be enough to ensure some success. It will be interesting how they react from playing against Arsenals reserves at a brilliant stadium in front of 60,000 including 8,00 from Cov to playing at Oldham in front of 5000 with 500 from Cov. Inner steel is needed from players and Robins to show what he is capable of in terms of motivation.

valiant15

Sw88,did i say they should be critisised? No i did not. I just think praising them is a little over the top. It's the fans that made the journey down that should be praised.

ashbyjan

Amazing what a well run club can achieve then - a brilliant stadium which they own and a reserve team costing £40m (good to see all those English players in the Arsenal youth system) ......we have a first team costing nothing and rent arrears of £700k. Obviously we are never going to compete with a big club like Arsenal with huge, if mute, support but its a sad indicator of how far we have fallen and how huge the gulf has grown between the haves and the have nots in the football world.

JazzCat

That was just the forward line ! Arshavin was 20+ million, Walcott is probably worth 15-20 same for the Ox and Giroud was 10+ ?

fernandopartridge

Amazing what a well run club can achieve then - a brilliant stadium which they own and a reserve team costing £40m (good to see all those English players in the Arsenal youth system) ......we have a first team costing nothing and rent arrears of £700k. Obviously we are never going to compete with a big club like Arsenal with huge, if mute, support but its a sad indicator of how far we have fallen and how huge the gulf has grown between the haves and the have nots in the football world.

They are also de rigeur for the Johnny-come-lately football fans of the post Euro 96 era - the sorts that are willing to pay £50 to watch 90 minutes of football on a Saturday. Fever Pitch has a lot to answer for.

That was just the forward line ! Arshavin was 20+ million, Walcott is probably worth 15-20 same for the Ox and Giroud was 10+ ?

I said cost, not worth. Walcott cost them about 6m iirc. Oxlade was a similar figure I think. Arshavin was less than ten and Giroud was 13m.

ashbyjan

If we are judging teams on worth then because ours has Brown and Sheff in it the figure is a large negative number

ashbyjan

Going from strength to strength - over 700 members now and increasing. We are still distrustful of SISU and their intentions for the future and are in discussions with various organisations such as Supporters Direct, lawyers, financial experts and insolvency companies as to what would be possible should SISU pull the plug etc. We are also in talks with the club to see how we can work together to improve the lot of supporters whilst we are in this current state of uncertainty. So overall its going good but always need more members to make sure the club realises they cannot always ignore the needs of supporters in favour of their investors.

Users who are viewing this thread