Last Nights forum (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Having listened to it I thought it was an accomplished performance by TF & SW. They got their message across and painted the picture they wanted to. I dont think that they were particularly pressured by the questioning and i thought that anything potentially tricky was pretty much deflected or past over

It left me with more questions to be honest. Will say from the start that I am by profession trained to maintain a healthy scepticism so i am not sure I share the feeling of some that we are more more comfortable with what we now know. I would also say that some of the things apparently been done etc I have been advocating for years

so ok the questions .....

-Why are the proper docs not filed at Company house for share issue and the mortgage. It takes 5 minutes to complete the forms and would actually have been good PR

- why is the charge SBS&L had over CCFC assets still registered

- how is ARVO able to replace that SBS&L charge if it is still registered

- Debt free again ? Really wish they wouldnt use this because there are still loans there they just happen to be due to the owners and at least some of them are secured on the assets.

- Is the Ryton ground still included on the ARVO charge if so it is still effectively mortgaged given TF said previously that ARVO had funded the club. The charge lists land on the south east side of Leamington Rd Rugby (land Reg no. WK234099)

- When TF was speaking about finances was he actually talking about CCFC, CCFC H group, SBS&L Group or some mixture of all three as it suited

- which company got the benefit of the conversion of 35m Euros? I assume would be £1 for 1 share because CCFC and CCFC H didnt have enough authourised share capital to issue that many shares (100 and 100,000 respectively). So which balance sheet got cleaned up by it ?

- Didnt TF say at one point that you would be mad to put money in as shares but then said SISU converted 35m Euros to shares ?

- Why use Euros ? surely he knows the stirling equivalent ? how much in £'s?

- the 9m at the start I believe included creditors that were due to previous owners were these actually paid ? Also I would guess that HMRC were paid on a payment plan ..... so was it all paid out day 1 ? The 9m also forms part of the 42m apparently owed to SISU it isnt a new or seperate amount

- so per TF the debt to SISU is 42m (but surely he then said 35m Euros of it was gone not payable? does that mean it is or isnt 42m ?) in 2011 accounts it was £29.6m owed by SBS&L has increased by £12.4m in 15 months. That is to cover the losses - losses in 2012 were £5m and so far this year £750k what was the other money for ? TF said £10m over last 10 months what on?

- Are we talking losses at £250k pm or cash flow requirement ? there is a difference

- Profits on sales of players are recognised at the time they occur as far as they are certain (ie do not include payments for number of appearances) Keogh and Bigi have left since 01/06/12 (ie this financial year) yet we are still making £250k loss pm?

- Is the loss calculated using the budget figure or real figures. Does it include rent at full value or at league 1 average?

- No loan interest has been paid to SISU entities ...... but in TF's words it is being "rolled up". That means that the amount due to SISU is increasing because of it but it just hasnt been paid over. That interest if rolled up is a charge against profits and increases the loss. It also means that the loan is growing without SISU actually putting money in.

- To me a plan is just a plan ...... be it one year or three, TF did not say that SISU had guaranteed funds for 3 years ...... he said they had agreed a plan for three years... plans as we know can change

- if wage budget is £4.2 million does that mean that income is expected to be £6.4m (ie wages 65% of this figure) If so what element of the turnover is player sales ?

- pleased to see they are cleaning up the balance sheet.... but what do they actually mean by that ? Do they mean SISU taken over all debts, do they mean more shares issued, do they mean the inter company account owed by CCFC has been discounted by the same amount as SBS&L's creditors were when SISU took over?

- so Joy is hands on but doesnt influence the players yet felt the need to meet with them? was that a pep talk or was it to nail down the bonuses (btw i agree bonuses needed to be sorted out)?

- what is the average League 1 rent ? What is basis of calculation? Surely our rent distorts the average ? What is an average League 1 ground ? How close to average are we in terms of ground?

- So TF does get paid then but 70% is at risk if financial outcome not on target ?

- Already decided that they are going to have match day income ? What about the associated match day costs ? Already decided that rent will be to League 1 average ? But negotiations are on going ?

i could go on but i have to earn a living :)

Like I said an accomplished performance by TF and SW ........ leaves many questions when you listen to it again though........

Not trying to be negative in fact i agree with some of things in principle but the devil is in what we dont have told to us.....

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I trust your opinion more that almost anyone else on here when it comes to the financial arena, OSB. I noticed you used the word 'accomplished' to précis last night's 'performance' as opposed to 'truthful'. Did you consider the use of the latter word, or was the use of the word you chose quite deliberate?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
it was deliberate MMM.......... not saying TF or SW were being untruthful ...... have no evidence to say that ........ they were however very careful in what they did or didnt say

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought some of the questions were ignorant, others were just plain stupid, and it gave TF + SW a very easy job. One bloke saying we should spend £30-40m on players, others repeating the 'Why was Thorn sacked so early after signing 9 players?' question-you do wonder whether these people are hand picked to make the top dogs look good. However-Waggott has come across well every time I've heard him and last night was no exception; the new managerial appointment is really dragging now though which I've not heard a convincing answer for.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Chatting in the office after listening to the recording someone said they thought the little mini bombshells like Igwy going, the shares issued, the involvement of Seppala, the repayment of ticket loans, etc were all dropped into things to try to keep the fans forum off balance. In that way TF controlled the meeting. Just a thought but if right was clever. All those things could have and probably should have been released to the press and fans as they happened not stored up ...... but in the press etc they might have been discussed more thoroughly. :thinking about:

shmmeee

Not got time to answer all of these. But the Euro thing is probably because Sisu is a European business so that's what their balance sheet says. You can't accurately give a sterling figure due to exchange fluctuations so my guess is simply that he was giving accurate figures that others couldn't then claim as a lie.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I know what you are saying shmmeee but CCFC's balance sheet is in stirling...... the debt is in stirling, the shares are in stirling ..... they know what the stirling figure is....... but not going to get hung up on it more important that debt now equity (apparently)

skyblueinBaku

Pity you didn't go last night, OSB. If you had been there, perhaps some of the questions would have been more searching - if you had been allowed to ask them. Next time, maybe?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Am pretty sure that I would have been sitting there with my hand in the air getting overlooked while more well known characters asked the same questions they did SBD.

Had I asked some of the more important ones above i would guess they would have been glossed over

I know that seems cynical but last night was for one thing only ........... to get the TF message across and that was going to happen what ever was asked

wingy

Chatting in the office after listening to the recording someone said they thought the little mini bombshells like Igwy going, the shares issued, the involvement of Seppala, the repayment of ticket loans, etc were all dropped into things to try to keep the fans forum off balance. In that way TF controlled the meeting. Just a thought but if right was clever. All those things could have and probably should have been released to the press and fans as they happened not stored up ...... but in the press etc they might have been discussed more thoroughly. :thinking about:

Thats how I took the release of Information OSB ,Surprised no one asked if they were able to pay off ticket us and the mortgage on Ryton ,why is there no money to pay the rent ,although the answer would have been,"Strategic"

Godiva

Thats how I took the release of Information OSB ,Surprised no one asked if they were able to pay off ticket us and the mortgage on Ryton ,why is there no money to pay the rent ,although the answer would have been,"Strategic"

I think they answered that question ... but they never said there were no money to pay the rent, they said they want to pay average league 1 rent.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what is average League 1 rent ? ......... surely you have to look at the facilities provided ? Say for the sake of arguement Yeovil paid the average League 1 rent for Huish Park (is that right one) are they really saying we should pay the same for the Ricoh it is an arguement that doesnt really stack up.

The Ricoh is nowhere near an average ground so how do they think they should pay the average rent ? ...... and the only justification is that we are in League 1.......... they cocked up got us relegated and made a disaster of the finances ........... we are still losing £3m a year but we have one of the biggest wage budgets which so far has us in the relegation zone.

Sorry but it doesnt make any logical sense to me.

valiant15

Godiva,do sisu pay you to big them up all the time? We've all got eyes,we've seen for ourselves what a tin pot outfit they are. Your constant praising of them is embarassing.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

This 'average League One rent' line is an embarrassment.

The average League One ground capacity is circa. 8K people. ACL don't provide their contracted tenant - the football club - with an 'average League One' match day venue.

If the clubs's management can bring a promotion chasing team to the city, and there's no reason why they shouldn't - then I firmly believe that 14 to 15K gates at the Ricoh would be quite feasible. As such, and assuming a nominal £15 ticket price, then compared to the maximum capacity of an 'average League One' club; SISU could coin in an extra £100K+ for every home game.

The fact that SISU can't deliver that isn't ACL's problem; and until they can spin the wheel with one more crazed idea, they insult ACL (a joint venture between the council and hence the tax payers of Coventry and a charitable trust) with stupid and crass comparisons

Godiva

what is average League 1 rent ? ......... surely you have to look at the facilities provided ? Say for the sake of arguement Yeovil paid the average League 1 rent for Huish Park (is that right one) are they really saying we should pay the same for the Ricoh it is an arguement that doesnt really stack up.

The Ricoh is nowhere near an average ground so how do they think they should pay the average rent ? ...... and the only justification is that we are in League 1.......... they cocked up got us relegated and made a disaster of the finances ........... we are still losing £3m a year but we have one of the biggest wage budgets which so far has us in the relegation zone.

Sorry but it doesnt make any logical sense to me.

Sure, you're right ... I was only saying what I believe they said ;)

Godiva

Godiva,do sisu pay you to big them up all the time? We've all got eyes,we've seen for ourselves what a tin pot outfit they are. Your constant praising of them is embarassing.

If only ....

lordsummerisle

I know what you are saying shmmeee but CCFC's balance sheet is in stirling...... the debt is in stirling, the shares are in stirling ..... they know what the stirling figure is....... but not going to get hung up on it more important that debt now equity (apparently)

Is Stirling a new currency rather than a place in Scotland now??

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Just watched the forum on sky blues player... is it just me or did fans keep asking the same questions? I'm sure they had to give their reasons for Thorn being sacked 3 games into the new season at least 3 times (and this is a topic that's already been thoroughly discussed and reported on in the CT, CCFC official site and on here)

By the way anybody know why Thorn was sacked 3 games into this season instead of at the end of last season?

Tonylinc

This rent argument is really doing my head in. Look, Sisu either knew of the rental arrangements before buying the club or negotiated them at some point thereafter (not sure when the terms were agreed). The fact that match day income has fallen due to relegation is down to them and them alone. They now seem to want everyone else to pay for their mistakes!

skybluesam66

the 10m seems to be the clearing up of the BS, so cash flow but not extra losses - eg mortgage/s ticket loans etc . Also said draft accounts ready for the last completed year .....may be issued on time this time around

Users who are viewing this thread