Laser pen!! (1 Viewer)

chickentikkamasala

Firstly, what an atmosphere, would be nice to have it like that for every home game :claping hands: and well played lads PUSB

I was sitting in the south stand and on a number of occasions saw a green laser light shining on the referee and at the end it was on Reda Johnsons face when he was being interviewed by Sky Sports, a message to the dick head who did it, fuck off and grow up before you seriously damage someone's eyes! :jerkit:

cornoccfc

Out of order, spotted it 3 times aimed at the ref second half.

chickentikkamasala

The person must have been sat in the south stand roughly in line with the goal above row A, it hit the back of the advertising boards behind the goal a number of times when someone was obviously lining up the laser, I hope there is CCTV that can identify who it was and something can be done about the individual, that could quite easily have damaged someone's eyes, during the interview with Sky Sports on the pitch at the end of the game, an official on the pitch with the camera team became aware of it and ran off to report it, so the club must be aware it was happening.

Lets hope the wanker is found :jerkit:

rupert_bear

They should easily be able to identify that clown, it needs to be and made very public who it was and a ban should be implemented. Put his/her picture in the Telegraph. I am sure it is a criminal offence.

letsallsingtogether

Probably Some young kid who has just been to Spain on holiday and encountered the Lucky Lucky man.

mark82

Saw it once in the second half when Gills taking a free kick. Would say by the angle it was definitely south stand. Idiot.

ajsccfc

I get that they're a distraction, but was it ever confirmed that they can damage someone's eyes? I always thought that was just an urban myth invented by grownups when they were all the rage in the 90s.

Marty

I get that they're a distraction, but was it ever confirmed that they can damage someone's eyes? I always thought that was just an urban myth invented by grownups when they were all the rage in the 90s.

If they're powerful enough, they can easily damage the eyes.

Noggin

I don't think you can damage someones eyes with the standard laser pens unless you are sitting by them (even then I dont think you can with a laser pen that is legal in this country). I don't think you could damage a referees eyes from accross the stadium because the time it would be in his eyes is such a small fraction of a second. Sounds like the kid in the article shone it into his eyes, not had it glance across his eyes and it says no injuries have ever occurred from 1mW laser pens which are the only legal ones.

That said you can buy some very powerful hand held lasers a couple of thousand times more powerful than the standard legal laser pen and these are very nasty, can set fires and things.

Since you cant be sure that someone isn't using something dangerous though and its very distracting anyway I'd have no issues with the banning for life ( or few years if a kid) of anyone that used one in a football stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread