Laptops (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Hi All

Need some advice got budget of £320 for a new laptop any ideas

CovLis86

Im eyeing up a first laptop some time in the future also. End of day, aslong as I can get one which plays Football Manager deliciously, im happy :D

CovLis86

at the moment there a fair few good sales on laptops depends on how much your willing to spend. hotukdeals normally have some good offers.

Thanks for the heads up. I might have to wait until next pay day, but im thinking of budgeting perhaps £400-£500 if the deal is right!

Having not owned a laptop before, what confuses me is how the processors measure up compared to desktops, aswell as the graphics cards/on board graphics. I dont want to buy a laptop that wont play FM games in 3d!

CovLis86

that budget is fine for what your after, i take it your a big fm fan? aha

Yeah ive played management games for the last 15 odd years! My PC has got good spec still, but its about 6/7 years old, and now it just keeps freezing on me so cant do a lot with it.

What im struggling to get to grips with, is how my 3.2ghz Dual Processor, 2GB graphics , 4GB Ram would convert into Laptop spec terms? It seems like another language to me for some reason¬!

stgeorge1966

Hi All

Bit thick i am when it comes to computers but is there much difference between Intel Core i3 processor and Intel Celeron Dual processor. Only using computer for general day to day business. Internet, e-mails etc

Cheers

CovLis86

Hi All

Bit thick i am when it comes to computers but is there much difference between Intel Core i3 processor and Intel Celeron Dual processor. Only using computer for general day to day business. Internet, e-mails etc

Cheers

If all you intend to use it for is emails, internet etc I wouldnt worry too much. Any recent Laptop would more than fit your needs. Look for a couple of GB's of RAM and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread