Laptop power socket repair (1 Viewer)

stupot07

The power socket in my missus's laptop has come loose and needs replacing/repairing.

Can anyone recommend a decent laptop repair place?

Thank you.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is it not something you could tackle yourself Stu? It could cost a few bob :thinking about:

sky_blue_up_north

Depend on the model bet you can get a complete unit for about a 10nr check ebay etc got one for my wifes acer only £7.50

Go to the PC repair centre on Longford road. If it's something dead simple he doesn't even charge. He's really good I've used him a few times over the years.

stupot07

Thank you for the advice. Just thought I would let you know that I decided to have a go at fixing it myself, and it worked! And only cost me £3.50 for the new part.

stupot07

One of the pins on the power socket has snapped, so I had to replace it the whole socket. I must admit i was a bit worried about doing it but I'm very please with my soldering on the new one!

I did bizarrely have 2 screws left over!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
One of the pins on the power socket has snapped, so I had to replace it the whole socket. I must admit i was a bit worried about doing it but I'm very please with my soldering on the new one!

I did bizarrely have 2 screws left over!

That's usually the way Stu! If I didn't have a bit left over, I'd be worried! :)

Users who are viewing this thread