Lack of goals from open play (1 Viewer)

Is anyone else worried about our lack of goals? If it wasn't for the penalties last night we would've lost 0-1. It worries me a bit.

skybluealan

Not at all. Ipswich goal keeper man of the match says something, and with plenty of attempts on goal last night, it will happen. What about the Pressure Mcsheffrey must have been under talking that 2nd pen. Fantastic. Once again Goals will start coming starting next Saturday

Had they not hacked down nimely we might have seen a goal from open play.

Nimely was heading across goal and straight towards a Leeds defender, no way would he have scored from there. He might have passed backwards for whoever was on the edge of the box.

And Mcsheff to score the pen in front of them was just amazing.

ccfchandsy

For godsake guys U moan when we don't score moan when we do score who fucking cares we won 2-1 that's all I need to know

skybluealan

I have just watched it on Sky sports and he had every chance to score
Nimely was heading across goal and straight towards a Leeds defender, no way would he have scored from there. He might have passed backwards for whoever was on the edge of the box.

And Mcsheff to score the pen in front of them was just amazing.

WillieStanley

Goals was our problem in 2001.

Goals appear to be our problem this year. Hopefully Sheffers new found spirit and Nimelys surprising chemistry with Platt can hold out and turn it for us.

tippex9

We've scored 10 goals in the last 5 home games, 3 were penalties.

I don't see too much of an issue

Astute

We could do with a striker on the bench to bring on when needed

We had Eastwood and Jeffers (I think) on the bench last night. That brings me round to something else, a team that has lost numerous games in the final few minutes such as we, do not use any subs. I can't get my head around that.

Grendel

We had Eastwood and Jeffers (I think) on the bench last night. That brings me round to something else, a team that has lost numerous games in the final few minutes such as we, do not use any subs. I can't get my head around that.

There were not any real options. Willis and ruffled are too young little point in bigiamara playing as the 2 midfielders were running the game and clearly Eastwood will never be bought on unless there are injuries.

There were not any real options. Willis and ruffled are too young little point in bigiamara playing as the 2 midfielders were running the game and clearly Eastwood will never be bought on unless there are injuries.

I wouldda taken Baker off and brought Bigi onto the right wing, fresh legs and removing a bit of a liability.

Grendel

I wouldda taken Baker off and brought Bigi onto the right wing, fresh legs and removing a bit of a liability.

Yes I agree with that. Baker was poor. I assume bell was injured or he would not have had a look in. Platt played well enough but history suggests he will not be able to play every game to the end so that area is a real problem,

See I told you all I was worried about our lack of goals from open play and the very next game we fail to score against a team that is absolutely shocking.

musicmanskyblue

See I told you all I was worried about our lack of goals from open play and the very next game we fail to score against a team that is absolutely shocking.

I agree LL.. Been a big problem for years... Apart from Mk for a brief period we haven't had a real goal threat for far too long...

Users who are viewing this thread