LA LIGA prices (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Mate of mine went over to Spain with family and friends a couple of weeks
ago,while there some of them decided to take in a game.
Got tickets on the day of the game,La Liga match between
Deportivo La Corruna v Malaga €5 each which converts to about £3.70.
when top London clubs charge £80-£90 and other prem clubs £40-£60
even though we're comparatively cheap for league 1 thats still £15 more
to watch us than Spain's top division. My local team play non-league
football and it costs £12 to watch them.
Now obviously I know that different countries have different levels of
taxation inflation and cost of living etc
But Jesus.
Ever get the feeling we're being ripped off.

CJ_covblaze

Went to Atletico Madrid v PSV last night. £24 for an adult to watch Champions League football. Paid the same a couple of weeks ago for Bilbao v Marseille. Germany v England next week is £19. All those are cheaper than what it was to get into that dive on Saturday. Makes very little sense doesn't it.

ccfc92

Went to Atletico Madrid v PSV last night. £24 for an adult to watch Champions League football. Paid the same a couple of weeks ago for Bilbao v Marseille. Germany v England next week is £19. All those are cheaper than what it was to get into that dive on Saturday. Makes very little sense doesn't it.

What is Athletico's ground like CJ? I want to go, but believe they are moving stadium soon, so will have to go soon!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What is Athletico's ground like CJ? I want to go, but believe they are moving stadium soon, so will have to go soon!

I went to the Madrid Derby v Real 2 years ago it's a bit of a dive but has great character. Worth a visit though.

Cost about £40 for tickets (via virago go) pretty much on halfway.

CJ_covblaze

The Calderon is superb. Shame they're moving out of it.

image.jpg

Bumped into these chaps at Stansted this lunchtime. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 33

Terry Gibson's perm

I think German football is pretty cheap and I would imagine if they tried to lump up their prices they would organise some fantastic protests to stop it.

ccfctommy

Mate of mine went over to Spain with family and friends a couple of weeks
ago,while there some of them decided to take in a game.
Got tickets on the day of the game,La Liga match between
Deportivo La Corruna v Malaga €5 each which converts to about £3.70.
when top London clubs charge £80-£90 and other prem clubs £40-£60
even though we're comparatively cheap for league 1 thats still £15 more
to watch us than Spain's top division. My local team play non-league
football and it costs £12 to watch them.
Now obviously I know that different countries have different levels of
taxation inflation and cost of living etc
But Jesus.
Ever get the feeling we're being ripped off.

La Liga tickets rarely cost 5 euro. The big clubs will be just as expensive. Even Tenerife in the Segunda Division charge about 18 to 20 Euro.

pipkin73

Las Palmas V Barcelona last month was 150€ per ticket.
Season tickets don't get you in for the big 3 games, only give you first dibs at paying full price before going on general sale.

Brylowes

La Liga tickets rarely cost 5 euro. The big clubs will be just as expensive. Even Tenerife in the Segunda Division charge about 18 to 20 Euro.
Was most definitely € 5 , I saw the tickets and they were proper fully printed
tickets with all the relevant information on inc the price.

87mint

I'm pretty sure we watch the only league where a team almost relegated the year before, and in the third tier a few years previous, are about to win it. Yes it's spenny, but it's also the best value, game for game

Ian1779

I know its overpriced but people forget that ticket income is primarily the main source of money into a club outside of top leagues (only need to look at our situation to see how important it is)

Given the revenue from TV in top flights teams like Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern and several English clubs - they could afford to let supporters in for free and it would have little effect financially.

cloughie

I See Hull City now bring in new membership scheme at low cost about £13 premiership and £11 championship if I read it correct

Well done Hull!

cloughie

I See Hull City now bring in new membership scheme at low cost about £13 premiership and £11 championship if I read it correct

Well done Hull!

BBC Sport

[h=1]Hull City: Championship club to scrap season tickets for membership scheme[/h]

Sharethis page

_88797752_rexfeatures_5541581a.jpg

Hull City are currently fourth in the ChampionshipHull City plan to replace season tickets with a membership scheme.
The Championship club claim the new system could see some supporters save as much as £282.
Hull will give fans the choice of three different levels of membership, with the cheapest costing £21 a month.
Vice chairman Ehab Allam said: "For too long, the price of football in this country has been much too high. This new scheme will at least ensure the same cannot be said of Hull."
The BBC's Price of Football survey 2015 found that the Tigers' cheapest season ticket cost £531, while their most expensive was £606.
Their cheapest ticket is currently the costliest in the second tier of English football, but eight clubs have more expensive tickets in the top band of pricing.

Allam added: "The membership scheme is about rewarding the supporters for their fundamental part in this remarkable story and ensuring that, wherever the team start their new campaign, the club and the fans will be doing it together."
If the Tigers, currently fourth in the second tier, reach the Premier League this season then some supporters will pay £13 per match next season, while remaining in the Football League will lower that figure to £11 per game.
It is understood this is the first time such a scheme has been tried by a Football League club, although Barnet, then in the Conference, scrapped season tickets in favour of a monthly non-contract membership scheme in 2013.

pipkin73

I know its overpriced but people forget that ticket income is primarily the main source of money into a club outside of top leagues (only need to look at our situation to see how important it is)

Given the revenue from TV in top flights teams like Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern and several English clubs - they could afford to let supporters in for free and it would have little effect financially.

I think it's from next season that Barcalona and both Madrids will no longer be able to sell individual TV rights for there games.
The Spanish FA have changed the rules to the same format the Premier league uses.

All league games sold as packages to ensure a more even share of the money and to try and allow the smaller clubs to try and close the gap on the top teams.

Users who are viewing this thread