King ignoring booing (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

MarlonKing_2732068.jpg

Birmingham striker Marlon King is bored of talking about booing after coming under fire in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Coventry.

The ex-Sky Blues man quit the club last summer despite reports he had verbally agreed a new deal with the Ricoh Arena side.

King subsequently finalised a three-year deal with Birmingham and he marked his first return to Coventry over the weekend with an equaliser.

The 31-year-old is focused on doing all he can for his club, although he does not want to see his former paymasters relegated from the Championship.

Boring

"It's quite boring talking about that to be honest,"

"It's nothing different to me. I don't hear it. I just set my stall out and do what I can for the team.

"I don't want to see Coventry get relegated.

"I enjoyed my season here (at Coventry) and whatever was said is done."

kg82

To be honest, there was a bit of booing but it wasn't as much as I expected. And it was for different reasons to why he normally gets booed.

stupot07

He thinks that was bad, he should talk to some of our other ex players - Bothroyd, Dublin, etc. they had much worse than he did.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
He got booed when he was on the ball but to be honest I have heard far worse from other fans towards him. I think the limited amount of booing he received also shows how often he was actually on the ball. Just a shame he scored but somehow you knew he would.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Whilst I agree with what you've stated there, OSB58, and he wasn't on the ball as much as he might have wished (and we feared); one thing I did notice again at the weekend was his movement off the ball. It is not just a class above anything we currently have, but two or three classes above. He would, upon occasion, make three or four runs in any attacking phase of play meaning anyone wishing to track him really had their work cut out - even if he didn't get near the ball.

Do that often enough during the course of the game, and at one point there'll be a lapse in concentration leading to a chance or two. Which is exactly what happened. Case of making your own luck, I guess.

Whatever one thinks of his conduct off-the-pitch, he's a truly, class player on it. The like of which I can't see wearing the Sky Blue of Coventry again for a long, long time

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Wouldnt disagree with you about his movement MMM. That is something we rarely have in players at CCFC to any great quality.

Thought Cameron did well against him and can only benefit from playing against such players.

Off the ball movement is very underrated and often goes unnoticed. King is a class player and probably the biggest loss we've had to a squad since relegation.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's what we're truly crying out for at the club; intelligent movement and pace. I think Clingan has had a very, very poor season; but equally I don't think we have the movement in the team for him to play his natural game. Players offering intelligent runs like King did at the weekend make space for others to run into, pull defences in a way that breaks their structure and allows defenders to go beyond the midfield, and midfielders beyond the forward line.

Nimely is too direct and youthful to be able or sufficiency adept to do so as yet, Platt too old and one-dimensional, McDonald too injured and Eastwood being liable to a cardio-vascular incident if he thought about anything more strenuous than a warm-up. How bloody depressing....

Edited to add that I agree, Cameron acquitted himself very, very well indeed

Last edited:
Agree MMM.

The thing is Nimely seems to at least think outside the box, something plying his trade at Man City has probably taught him, but often our lot aren't on the same wavelength!

Would love to have seen a King / Nimely partnership. Thorn may not have had to beg for loanees had we held onto King mind. I'm confident we wouldn't be in the relegation zone anyway.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Let's not forget the impact playing with King had on Jutkiewicz. Lukas looked like a new player for the first half of the season for us, and one can only assume that he had flourished after his partnership with King last year. Given that without Lukas' goals we would almost certainly be down now, it could be construed that Marlon had more of an impact than some might think.

It was a mild celebration really, McSheffrey celebrated more and we gave him a good reception! Great header it has to be said.

That Nimely looks a good player by the way.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was a mild celebration really, McSheffrey celebrated more and we gave him a good reception! Great header it has to be said.

That Nimely looks a good player by the way.
Yea, that was probably one of Nimely's poorer games in the 10 games or so he has been here. He has been carrying an injury for the last 4/5 games and it looked like it was catching up with him a bit.
Also Mcsheff is a cov lad and fan trying to help keep his team in the league so we will let him off with celebrating ;)

WillieStanley

King ran up to the Birmingham fans as an acknowledgement but actually shrugged off his team mates when they tried to make more of it. Professional IMHO.

I liked "Marlon give us a wave" though.

Users who are viewing this thread