Kieren Westwood (1 Viewer)

Just having a conversation with my mate about the greatest ever player to play for us. I said young Kieren, he didn't agree with me as he said mustapha hadji was. Top lad Kieren was why did he have to leave :(

I remember there was a character on 606 who used to pretend to be a fan of Coventry on the wind up. You're not even an embarrassment to Sunderland, you are just a loser. Well played, Sir, we are bested.

Astute

Not going to spend all day working out all the players we have had in the past that a decent championship GK was not as good as.

CovisGod

Crikey, you must be a young un'

What about Hedman? Not to mention the legend Oggy. Even Kirkland would have been a top keeper if it wasn't for injurys !

I feel sorry for the younger fans that missed us in the 80s and 90s

skybluelee

Oggy and Kirkland were quality but Hedman was shite. The only goalkeeper I have ever seen that lacked bravery.

SkyBlueScottie

Hedman was excellent for us in the Premiership, he sadly was not up for the scrap though, and often had niggling injuries when we were struggling etc.

As for Westwood our greatest ever player :facepalm:

mark82

Except Bill Glazier!! You probably never saw him though, did you?

Agree about Bill Glazier. Way before my time but from what my Dad & Grandad have told me he was immense. Believe when we signed him it was a world record fee for a goalkeeper. Could you imagine us doing that now!

Astute

We couldn't even beat the non league record at the moment. Have a feeling it would presently be more than a tenner, and the player would even have the cheek to expect wages

wingy

ITs Friday its five to five its ,audience full of cubs and scouts and crackerjack pencils everywhere ,CWR in an hour .

Westwood Loan?

Westwood could be available for a loan spell. Sunderland have Minolet in front Westwood and when Craig Gordon gets fit again, Westwood down to the Mackems no.3 keeper. Have we any contacts there?:thinking about:

steveo1987

Without question,Jim Blyth was our best goalie.He was exceptional.He was at one time due to sign for Man U for a world record fee but had a serious back injury that put paid to that.

rob9872

Without question,Jim Blyth was our best goalie.He was exceptional.He was at one time due to sign for Man U for a world record fee but had a serious back injury that put paid to that.

Blyth was only around when I was first going to the City and I wasn't old enough t o appreciate who was good and who wasn't. My memory of him was that he and Sealey seemed to alternate (a bit like Clemence and Shilton did for England). Is that right or is my mind playing tricks on me? I'm talking about 78-80ish so perhaps one of the older ones who saw them regularly can tell me please.

steveo1987

Sealey was an apprentice at city as I remember,5 years I think.he came in when Blyth was injured but was very young.

Users who are viewing this thread