Kids Company (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

It doesn't look good. I'm hearing that there have been concerns about corruption for years and now a Police investigation. I'm bracing myself for a big exposure and arrests.

RSPB is also coming in for criticism for not concentrating on bird welfare any more (youforgotthebirds.com). Other charities paying their executives huge wedges. They seem to have been taken over by the same weasels that run PLCs. :(

Otis

Yep.

I have some first hand experience, having worked for a charity. When I was first there it was in the top 100 companies to work for in the UK, it was all about helping people and trying to achieve the goal of spreading the word.

After about the 3rd year it all changed. Completely changed and it all became about hitting targets and meeting budget deadlines and it suddenly became this corporate monster.

I loved it there at first and thought I had the best job ever. After the 3rd year I totally detested the job and hated my bosses and felt that the whole ethos had gone up in smoke.

Nick

Administrator
Charities are shocking, I've worked for one and they paid way over the odds for the same jobs.

Massive bonuses for the bosses

mrtrench

It seems to me that whenever any organisation starts to grow, political, corporate or charity, it doesn't take long before everyone at the top is a twat without any thought for the company/country other than what they can get out of it with weasel words.

chiefdave

Charities in general need reigning in. Most people when they chuck a fiver in a collection are expecting it to go to its intended cause and not for most of it to go on paying executives and admin costs.

Grendel

The subsequent revelations regarding this institution and the silly woman with an unpronounceable name and a dress sense as deliberate as Boris Johnsons ruffled hairstyle are actually an outrage.

What is a real outrage is that the star struck twerp Cameron actually gave millions of taxpayers money to this chancer just days before they went under. In times gone by this would have been a major issue which would have made life uncomfortable for him. Nowadays not a chance. It's swept under the carpet.

Soon it will get worse. We are soon to enter an almost autocratic state which we will be governed by either Gideon or Alexander. Truly this will be a depressing place to live post September.

Terry Gibson's perm

Looks to be some very iffy goings on, the ceo even had a chauffeur. There should be a bit more transparency as were the funding goes and my opinion is not one of these charities needs a London office and a limit should be put on salaries and over the top extras.

Users who are viewing this thread