Kia (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody own one? Considering one!

They look nice, cheap to run and the high spec models have loads more than other brands!

cornoccfc

Yes, got the Rio, done 22k since Feb '11, no problems, still over 5 years warrenty left too (the main reason I got it) :)

Nick

Administrator
Also looked at a yaris hybrid which has a third of the features for 3k more and not much better mileage!

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I just want something cheap to run, tax, insure and not be too bad looking either.

I have just sold my Megane Sport (25 - 30 mpg and group 16 insurance) so something like that would be a big surprise in the pocket department!

2012-Kia-Rio-3.jpg

Have any of you Kia owners had decent experiences with Kia if bits need fixing and the warranty? The 7 year warranty is the a huge plus point too :)

olderskyblue

Also looked at a yaris hybrid which has a third of the features for 3k more and not much better mileage!

Rio is combined 55mpg, yaris 64mpg according to Honestjohn

Real

Since I've found out the good lady is expecting, I've got to get rid of the Merc, and get something more suitable for a family. I saw a Kia Sportage earlier today, and quite liked the look of it. Are Kia's reliable motors?

Nick

Administrator
Since I've found out the good lady is expecting, I've got to get rid of the Merc, and get something more suitable for a family. I saw a Kia Sportage earlier today, and quite liked the look of it. Are Kia's reliable motors?

The 7 year warranty is encouraging :)

Congrats btw.

Grendel

Depends on a couple of things.

Are you buying new or ex demo

Are you financing yourself or would you finance via a dealer? I ask this as some in house finance companies now offer ridiculously cheap deals

Would you consider buying on-line via a broker? Some buyers are nervous of this but dependant on brand can provide huge savings. At the extreme end of the market (prestige luxury) this would save over £20,000. Although the smaller brands offer less savings but some brands still can offer real value

Does resale value concern you

Would you consider Personal Contract Hire or is ownership important?

Sorry I'm conscious I'm getting rather boring now.

Nick

Administrator
I would look at both ex demo or new, I need it ASAP so ex demo is looking good.

I would be financing through a dealer, like you say they have some really good deals on.

Resale value does concern me slightly but planning to keep it for a while so don't mind too much.

Are you a copper?

Grendel

I would look at both ex demo or new, I need it ASAP so ex demo is looking good.

I would be financing through a dealer, like you say they have some really good deals on.

Resale value does concern me slightly but planning to keep it for a while so don't mind too much.

Are you a copper?

No I work in the motor industry. I guess ultimately if Kia can offer a competitive package on finance versus Toyota (who are very strong with a lot of low cost deals - once they did Yaris at £99 per month) and you don't mind the lower residual go for it. Consider the after sales though. I know zero about Kia but it may be worse than Toyota.

Whatever you buy get some Internet quotes to show the dealer, go to at least 3 of the brand of your choice and try and buy as late in the month as you can (last day if possible)

Jarvo

I'm sure the Kia's are good, but not quite at the at the forefront of technology, but for a cheap transport fine.

The mother inlaw has just bought the ecoboost focus. 1 litre engine (125 bhp) 1.6 performance as it has a turbo. No tax for the first year and £20 a year after.

I was sick of wasting time looking at badly looked after 3 year old cars so strongly encouraged her to buy it.

Bought at the end of the month and a finace deal you could instantly pay off and save £1.5k.

blueflint

you would'nt get 7 year warranty if they were shite also look at hyundai

Nick

Administrator
The thing is though, the focus's with the same features are probably a good 4-5k more aren't they with less warranty?

Grendel

Anybody own one? Considering one!

They look nice, cheap to run and the high spec models have loads more than other brands!

I think I've sent you a PM. Had some trouble with the inbox but I assume you have it?

Jarvo

I'm not exactly sure of the price difference. It was a good deal though - but included a discount as a relative works at Jag (No idea how that works as its no longer part of Ford).

A nice car though six speed gearbox and they included 17inch alloys and it has other gadgtes such as bluetooth so you can link your phone and has stop start so at lights etc the engine cuts out. (And starts again when you need it to!), reverse parking sensor, sports seats, dab radio.

I haven't actually driven it though so it could be terribe.

I think it would resale for more, but she will have it for years so not an option.

I think cars these days are all pretty good though so I'd just go around a few dealers and see what deals they'll do especially at the end of the month when commissions are getting tight.

P.S PUSB Good result tonight in my book anyway.

Astute

The wife bought a Kia Sedona to make it easier transporting our many kids. She had convertibles for many years before then. She kept it for nearly 5 years. Never let her down once. Had over 120,000 on her when sold. Not sure where they source their engines from now, but the Sedona Diesel engines came from Mercedes. I also ran it on cooking oil for a few years until the price jumped up to the same price as Diesel.

Take a look at www.hertzrent2buy.co.uk They are now selling their ex rental cars online. Most cars 2 to 3 years old and FSH. You rent one for less than normal, and if you like it and buy it they take off what you paid in rental. All going cheap as well. They are also doing finance. Get a Kia from them and you will also get the remainder of the 7 year warranty.

Diehard Si

Mate things don't really go wrong with them.

The only problem we has was my wife driving too slowly, not using the turbo and it clogging up.

I was looking at the cars a few years ago, buying a few years old so it was 56 or 07 plates. Then there was a big diff in performance between diesel and petrol.

The petrol felt limp and slow, the diesel was a lot better with the turbo.

Also once you are out of warranty there are a few places to take it, the garage on Browns Lane in Allesley is ex Kia, and can do everything.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Gone and bought one :) i remember the kia garage on browns lane, do they still do them?

Diehard Si

Gone and bought one :) i remember the kia garage on browns lane, do they still do them?

They sell a few second hand. I think they are a Daewoo ( or however it's spelt ) now mainly, but obviously being ex Kia have the know how about them.

Did you get a diesel or petrol?

Grendel

No they have Peredua now (I know). The Kia franchise in Coventry is at Cannon Park.

Users who are viewing this thread