• Martin Cranie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone Else (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
images

Ok, so Keogh has played in every single league game for us this season and for me overall he has been one of our best performers. He has dipped in form a little bit recently although that seems to go hand in hand with the team as a whole going off form. Earlier in the season someone wrote an article on the Cov Telegraph stating that Keogh was the new Cafu. More recently I have seen Keogh come in for a lot of criticism especially from our friends on the 606 boards. Someone claimed that Keogh single handedly ruined their boxing day trip to Cardiff and blames him for most of the goals we concede and would like to see Cranie replace him at right back.

So just wanted your thoughts on who should play at right back and why.

For me personally it's Keogh every time. I hear people moan that no-one ever runs at opposition and that the team is boring, but Keogh is the only person who runs at the opposition and takes them on. True the final ball isn't always brilliant but if he keeps getting the ball into the box like that chances are we will get chances to score from it. With Cranie I have never seen him run at players and take them on, in fact I never see him break a sweat to be honest and I think he is overrated. He is a good passer of the ball (apart from his passback v Swansea) but I don't think he offers much else going forward and I have seen him flap certain challenges when defending (an incident at Watford away this season springs to mind when he backed off from a challenge and let the Watford player run past and created a chance they nearly scored from and Carsley had to go and tell Cranie off!) Whereas Keogh throws his body on the line and you get the feeling from Keogh that he really cares about the team and wants to win so badly. Don't get me wrong I think Cranie is a good player but I just can't see where he fits into the team at the moment... maybe left back? Not his best position but we are truely awful at left back at the moment I just hope O'Halloran gets match fit soon.

So Keogh or Cranie?

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
The 606 article in question

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A78928401

Also thought I would point out Keogh's recent dip of form has happened as Gunnarsson has been banned, I always felt we are very strong down the right side with Keogh overlapping Gunnarsson and Gunnar helping defensively throwing his body around, whereas Bell flaps every challenge going! You will see when Gunnar is back today how good we are down the right hand side ;)

Users who are viewing this thread