Kents Skill (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
[vine]eLJ7OEUQ206[/vine]

Imagine if Messi had done that, it would be all over the place.

Would have been better if he got on the end of it too.

covcity4life

that is amazing!

i want players like that at cov! happy to give him time to be more consistent

someone actually said good hope he goes when CET made that silly recalled argument

procdoc

I hope Klopp will see sense and realise he needs a season with us to develop other parts of his game. His ability is ridiculously good just needs to improve decision making etc.

Nick

Administrator
That one doesn't show him ruin it by diving to try and win a penalty :(

If he had just used a bit of strength he could have got the ball and shot or passed.

Rich

If he had just used a bit of strength he could have got the ball and shot or passed.

So what you're saying is he's a perfect replacement for Sterling at Liverpool.

shmmeee

Love it. That's what football's about for me, love a skillful player full of confidence.

PVA

Kent is unbelievably talented, the way he just skips past players is ridiculous.

If he can improve his end product, which I'm sure he will, then he'll go right to the top.

smileycov

Facebook User

i didn't see it as that Nick. He fell over his own feet, he seems to do that a lot, needs to control how much trickery he puts in!!

stupot07

It was a good bit of skill that unfortunately is let down by him not getting past his man or drawing the foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

percy

Outrageous trick. The boys got a clear talent with the ball, he just needs to develop his football brain, then he will be a special player!!!

marcus87

Sterling is over-rated and over-hyped. A one trick pony (maybe two). The top defenders at Euro 2016 will have him worked out straightaway.

Can't believe Man City paid that much for him.

He's class having a really good season and was England's best player in the world cup

Macca

First touch intended, second touch lucky I reckon from looking at it. I enjoy watching him though

Skyblueweeman

Nick, I'm having issues with the desktop version of SBT. Nothing's loading. All fine via tapatalk though. Have you run some updates that would affect it on my laptop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I'm having issues with the desktop version of SBT. Nothing's loading. All fine via tapatalk though. Have you run some updates that would affect it on my laptop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing as far as I know? Try refreshing a few times or a different browser.

shmmeee

First touch intended, second touch lucky I reckon from looking at it. I enjoy watching him though

When you're a Cov academy player it's lucky, when you're a Premiership academy player it's skill.

See also goals that look like it was meant to be a cross.

Hobo

Yeah but what was the end product?

(answer, football is about entertaining fans)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its nice to see but there is a reason you don't see this sort of trick often, its not because the players aren't capable of such a trick but the fact that it is a low % success rate. This is the sort of thing that would be ironed out of his game as he matures as a player.

rob9872

That's the point - I know Rooney gets slagged off but as a kid, he was phenomenal (as was Joe Cole incidentally). All these top kids burst onto the scene with raw talent and it's exciting to watch. Then it gets stifled by coaches not fit to lace their boots who make them conform and play the percentage ball all the time. I know which I prefer. I would happily watch that 4 or 5 times a game and only come off once, but that alone worth the entrance fee when it does. Yes I like to win as well as be entertained and I'm sure that's true of most of us, but not being allowed to express yourself is imo why England in particular will never win another major tournament - I hope I'm wrong.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's the point - I know Rooney gets slagged off but as a kid, he was phenomenal (as was Joe Cole incidentally). All these top kids burst onto the scene with raw talent and it's exciting to watch. Then it gets stifled by coaches not fit to lace their boots who make them conform and play the percentage ball all the time. I know which I prefer. I would happily watch that 4 or 5 times a game and only come off once, but that alone worth the entrance fee when it does. Yes I like to win as well as be entertained and I'm sure that's true of most of us, but not being allowed to express yourself is imo why England in particular will never win another major tournament - I hope I'm wrong.
I don't quite agree you can still be exciting and flair without doing unnecessary tricks, its like when a player does a rabona pass/shot and the crowd gets excited about it. They would be an exponentially better player if they just worked on improving their weak foot.

The best success story would probably be Ronaldo who was a bit of a show pony when he arrived in England and now one of the best players to ever play the game.

Gazolba

Skill is most useful when it is applied productively. Unfortunately, Kent has a lot to learn in that regard.

Macca

When you're a Cov academy player it's lucky, when you're a Premiership academy player it's skill.

See also goals that look like it was meant to be a cross.

I hate the premier league so I'm not biased towards big time Charlie's. Just watching what I see and not convinced it was fully intended. I like the lad a lot more than most on here

Users who are viewing this thread