Kenny Dalglish losing the plot? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Kenny Dalglish has criticised the Football Association for appealing against Wayne Rooney's three-match Euro 2012 ban.

The Liverpool boss said the FA's decision was "a bit strange" given that the organisation was "supposed to be setting an example".

Rooney's ban, imposed after being sent off against Montenegro, has been reduced to two games by Uefa.
He is now free to play against the Ukraine on 19 June.

However, the 26-year-old Manchester United striker, who travelled to Nyon in Switzerland for Thursday's hearing, will still miss the Group D fixtures against France and Sweden.
Dalglish is also unhappy with the FA for its treatment of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Suarez is facing a racism charge dating from October and has also been charged with misconduct after allegedly making an obscene gesture to fans following the Reds' 1-0 defeat at Fulham on Monday.

Dalglish is unhappy that no date has been set for the Uruguayan international, 24, to answer the racism charge.
"The fact it has taken nine weeks to get a decision on one of the other charges is a bit of a joke as well," said the Scot.

"I don't think that has helped as well. The circus which is around about him has been caused mainly by that."

A screen was lowered at the Liverpool press conference on which the club played what they said was a series of unpunished infringements against Suarez during the Fulham game.

Dalglish has already indicated he thought referee Kevin Friend did not give his team the benefit of 50-50 decisions during Monday's match.

"If anyone wants to see the truth from the other night it is on the screen," said Dalglish, who said he fully supported Suarez.

"The people at Liverpool and anyone who has any leaning to the club - be it staff, players, supporters - they will stand by him and they know what the truth is."

Suarez faces the charge after allegedly using racist language during an on-field clash with Manchester United's Patrice Evra on 15 October.

Dalglish contrasted the situation with the FA's appeal to Uefa over Rooney's ban, imposed after a red card for kicking Miodrag Dzudovic during England's 2-2 draw in Montenegro in October.

"I don't think it's a good example to set," he concluded.
Responding to Dalglish's comments, FA director of communications Adrian Bevington tweeted that it was "important to clarify Uefa has completely different set of disciplinary regulations to the FA".

---------------------------------------------

To me this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard a manager do in a press conference. In fact he has publically moaned about decisions and referees all season in what I believe is a deliberate attempt to try to sway them before a ball is kicked. Strange how he didn't moan when Rodwell was wrongly sent off.

Suarez is absolute quality but is bar far the biggest diver in the league, is it any wonder he doesn't get some of the decisions he should?

I'm coming to the conclusion that Dalglish is the biggest &?#% in football.

wingy

I agree on Suarez Stupot ,he needs to focus on what he did so well when he joined them in Jan and maintain that spark ,demonstrated immense skill ,but seems to focus more on the dark arts of getting pens /decisions /players in trouble ,its negative and won't help the team overall.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Love Kenny Dalglish, can't stand Rooney. You now know where I stand! :whistle:

stupot07

I can't stand Rooney either, it was more showing the press conference the clips of the infringements against Suarez that I have an issue with. What a loser.

Users who are viewing this thread