Keith curle (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

Just had his odds cut to 5/4 at sky bet

I'd have him

Black6Osprey

The fact he was at the game last night has given people the idea he's in for the job.

After his lack of class over the lee hughes appearance I do hope not.

PVA

You mean someone like Peter Reid? Ian Dowie? Chris Coleman? Aidy Boothroyd?

Was going to say the exact same thing.

I'd argue that a "Premiership, Championship experienced man" is the exact opposite of what we want.

Greggs

We need a manager that knows this level, with potential of course.
It's about time we started plucking all the best players out of this league and the one below.

sky blue john

No point bringing some one in now that doesn't know the players only 13 games to go and will need several games to bed in. This would probably cost us going up this year !!!
Might aswell leave it untill the end of the season

SkyBlueArmy12

I was in a chippy after last's nights game and a Coventry fan who lives in Crewe came in and said he sat in the home end and seen Keith Curle sat watching the game, so who knows!

RichieGunns

Experience in the Championship and Premiership?

We want someone who knows the league we're in.

And besides, whether we want them or not, SISU will employ who they want to manage the club and wont care whether we like them or not!

Lamptey

would be happy enough with kieth. Again some people need to a reality check with who would want to come here and who we could actually appoint. TBF to waggot and co Robins was a shrewd appointment, which came after everyone was fed up waiting.....but it worked. Although I still dont think he was first choice from those interviewed!

Didnt curle get himself in some sort of bother with county around the time erikkson and money got involved?

torchomatic

Was he in the "Actually Quite Sensible" Gang?

JulianDarbyFTW

As I posted last night, I don't usually get involved in rumours, but a relative of Curle's has confirmed interest in him from our side. Whether he gets the job or not is another matter, however given that I got the information first-hand I'm inclined to think there's a real possibility.

Lord_Nampil

Unfairly sacked by county IMO, players sold, injuries and a mass of games cancelled due to the weather left him with a real up hill task to maintain there good start to the season! 45% win ratio in league 1, with a larger better quality squad would he be able to deliver?? who knows, but i haven't got a problem with him being linked to the role at all!

junglej13

As ive said on another thread - a mate of mine is a notts county fan and said curle was hard done by. His exact comment was he was a victim of idiots on internet forums and the club thinking this was representative of all the supporters views!

ajsccfc

Ruling out managers because they've been let go by teams around us is as short-sighted and simplistic as doing the same for players, like people tried with Moussa and Clarke.

RoboCCFC90

Lets stick with Carsley until the end of the season and then see what our options are!

I'd have him

WTF, you'd have a man who f**ked up Notts County and who IMO has a shit record in this league? Curle, Westley, Brown and Dickov are the 4 people i dont want, but unfortunatley they look the most likely. It doesnt sound like Carsley wants it, Paulo Di Canio is waiting for the West Ham job and Andy Morrell isnt even in the running. Its a lose lose situation

Otis

As ive said on another thread - a mate of mine is a notts county fan and said curle was hard done by. His exact comment was he was a victim of idiots on internet forums and the club thinking this was representative of all the supporters views!

Idiots on internet forums? Surely not!

Speedo

No thanks just a league 1 & League Manager we need Premiership, Championship experienced man
When are people going to accept we are not prem or championship any more. We are not going to get that level of manager. We had a manager out of work for two years and he walked .
We are a league one club, with little or no money .the only type we will get are desparodos

Grendel

VisitingPie

I am one who thinks Curle was hard done by, but no one was sold as was suggested by someone on here. His win percentage does look good but doesn't tell the whole story. He started off with a bang last season and almost got us into the playoffs. We missed out on goal difference. He started off well this season, but then results got worse and worse and there was some odd decision making going on. For instance he changed to 3 at the back...playing a cb a fb and a midfielder there. Our home form was terrible and we have lost around 1500 per game on the gate. He was playing the same formation at home as away. We were unbeaten away for 22 games until he switched to 3 at the back which was a bit bizarre..why switch a winning formation?

I still think he could possibly have turned it round and would have given him longer, we aren't going down. He was either unlucky or he built a bit of an unbalanced squad. We were crying out for strikers from the beginning of the season but have a ton of midfielders. I reckon he will have learned from his time with us and the next club who take him on could be the ones who benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread