Keep the faith (1 Viewer)

CCFCWALL

Looking on here reading people sayin we r defo goin down, league one here we come. Really annoys me. We have lots of games coming up against teams around us. If we can get some wins against those then i believe we will be fine.
So come on keep the faith!!!
PUSB

Otis

Again I think people are confusing hope with realism.

Everyone HOPES we can stay up. A fair number of us though, while hoping, believe it is beyond us. See nowt wrong with that and am rather confused as to why it annoys people.

I would rather prepare myself mentally now for the League One scenario than face the sudden shock of relegation the day it happens. We can hope whilst being realistic. Nowt wrong with that at all.

Grendel

People are just being realistic. When you win 7 in 36 and have the worst away record of any professional team in Britain it is hard to find any genuine optimism just blind faith.

Otis

Tough fixtures? What like Forest away at Birmingham? (1-2) Donny away at West Ham? (1-1) Bristol City at Southampton? (0-1)

Mr T - Sukka!

Looking on here reading people sayin we r defo goin down, league one here we come. Really annoys me. We have lots of games coming up against teams around us. If we can get some wins against those then i believe we will be fine.
So come on keep the faith!!!
PUSB

CCFC Wall, City fans are among the most optomistic bunch you could wish to find. But if you look at the leauge table mate it does not lie. We are well and truly in the brown stuff atm. We need WINS plenty of them to stay up.

Its ok giving it billy big bollocks saying "keep the faith", "play up sky blues", "we will be fine" but you need something to back it up.

NO AWAY WINS!

Does that not tell you anything? Does that not ring your "Keep the faith" alarm bells?

Some CCFC fans are so blind! Yes we all want to stay up but FFS We have a very tough run in, based on current form and what we have done so far we are down fact!

We need something very special to stay in this division. Some CCFC fans like you dont see it.

Now thats annoying!

skybluegod

Guys hope wont save us belief might if the players hope then we will have a small chance but if the players believe then we stand a chance they might come out fighting i agree with ccfc we need to believe we can do this. PUSB

Mr T - Sukka!

Guys hope wont save us belief might if the players hope then we will have a small chance but if the players believe then we stand a chance they might come out fighting i agree with ccfc we need to believe we can do this. PUSB

Please enlighten us how a team that loses 10 on the trot away can stay up? Does not win a single game away?

I just want to know what makes you think we can do it? Seriously i would like to see what others see to make me think we can do it.

skybluegod

Please enlighten us how a team that loses 10 on the trot away can stay up? Does not win a single game away?

I just want to know what makes you think we can do it? Seriously i would like to see what others see to make me think we can do it.

theres still ten games left in this season thats what makes me think we can stay up and because i belive that our players are giving the best they can and that will pay off 30 points to play for stats can be broken.

blueflint

rose coloured specs wont keep us up :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ccfcway

been reading the "predictor" thread

would be interesting to see if Doncaster fans and Bristol city fans have us staying up, the way that most of us do....

You can be sure of one thing....all bristol city fans will have HOME WIN next to the Bristol City v Coventry fixture....

The CableGuy

Why are people shitting on fans who believe we can get out of trouble?

Don't believe we can stay up? Fine, and you'll probably be proved right. Doesn't mean that other people's opinions need suppressing or validating. Let them believe what they believe, their opinion isn't harming you is it?

Believe we can stay up? You're well within your rights too and we all hope you're right. :D

musicmanskyblue

I admire the optimism.. i really do... but 7 away goals all season?... troubles aside that stat alone tells a story of a team that is not only going down but deservedly so.
Please don't misunderstand... I love my team and could never support another.. i'm just trying to be realistic.

Otis

Don't believe we can stay up? Fine, and you'll probably be proved right. Doesn't mean that other people's opinions need suppressing or validating. Let them believe what they believe, their opinion isn't harming you is it?

Believe we can stay up? You're well within your rights too and we all hope you're right. :D

Where's the suppressing? Think you have this one arse over tit if anything. This thread is about a guy saying he is annoyed by the people who are saying we are going down. Why should anyone feel annoyed? Also been many a post telling us to support the club. :facepalm: As if in saying we are going down and being honest and truthful with our feelings is somehow incompatible with supporting the club, Sounds very much like to me that it is these fans that are being supressed if anything.

Everytime the likes of myself suggests we are doomed it's almost as if I am led to believe I am not a proper supporter and i get comments like "keep the faith" "back the players" and "support your team." They appear to suggest that in believing we are down that I am not supporting the team.

As I said previously, this is all about hope and belief. They are not the same thing. I hope I'll win a small amount on the lottery, I believe I won't.

Last edited:

Grendel

I don't understand this. People can give an opinion either way. I don't see anyone who sees reality of relegation being at all abusive to fans with an alternate opinion. Mire the other way round in truth.

Otis

Grendel

6 wins out of 6 is realistic. Would prefer 7 wins out of 6 though.

Both are about as realistic as each other.

Users who are viewing this thread