Keep me occupied! (1 Viewer)

Marty

So I've been off work ill for the past 3 months, just been given an additional 8 weeks minimum to recover. As the title says, I need to keep myself busy, willing to try anything, go anywhere. I want to learn Spanish, maybe Piano/guitar, I can keep active, but my body can't do anything too strenuous just yet (no gym).

Fire away with suggestions please.

Rich

What have you done to yourself @Marty Try Paul Noble on Audible for learning Spanish. Hola Resevar una mesa por dos personas por favour.

Gazolba

Learning guitar is a good one. Better than piano since it's far more portable. Read books. Watch Youtube videos. Go out for walks and take photos of anything interesting, post some examples on the Photography thread. You can't learn a language in a few weeks, that takes a few years.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I can recommend channel 4 during the day , if you just fancy a lazy day in front of the telly

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Read through the EU thread, take notes, weigh the evidence and let us all know if there are any firm conclusions.
….and then find that never-ending Portsmouth thread and also let us know the conclusion! :emoji_grin:

Houchens Head

So I've been off work ill for the past 3 months, just been given an additional 8 weeks minimum to recover. As the title says, I need to keep myself busy, willing to try anything, go anywhere. I want to learn Spanish, maybe Piano/guitar, I can keep active, but my body can't do anything too strenuous just yet (no gym).

If you're struggling to fill a few months, wait until you retire! It's one long roller coaster ride of trying to fill your day with stuff! I'm now into my 10th year of retirement and struggle like buggery to find something different every day!

Cov City Daytrader 87

Look at what shares to buy, afterall you did make some money.:cool:

Marty

Look at what shares to buy, afterall you did make some money.:cool:

I wanted to try a bit of forex trading.
Just ordered an electric guitar and amp.
Going to make a trip to the national space centre.
Ordered a 'learn Spanish' DVD/book, thing as well.
Just finishing off the spare bedroom this week.

Alkhen

I wanted to try a bit of forex trading.
Just ordered an electric guitar and amp.
Going to make a trip to the national space centre.
Ordered a 'learn Spanish' DVD/book, thing as well.
Just finishing off the spare bedroom this week.

Might have already been suggested Duo Lingo for Spanish, app on your phone. my sister moved out to Spain end of last year and swears by it.

if you have ever dabbled in gaming maybe get a Switch and something massive to play on it like Zelda BOTW. I find that amazing for journeys and waiting around. love the portability of it and the fact you can just dip in dip out.

Something I've done down here in the Cotswolds is travel to posh little villages/towns to look in the charity shops for quality items to sell on eBay. Can make a nice little profit on stuff if you take nice pictures. Brought a Bose stereo not long ago for £40 which sold for just shy of £300.

sometimes i feel a bit of a c*nt for doing it but i never offer less than what they are asking and several times ive given them a bit more, Once this old dear was just about to sell me an absolute haul of Star wars toys for £5 so i gave her £15 and left sharpish

Items that sell well:
Any Lego
90s Football shirts
retro video games (anything pre ps2-xbox era can have a value)
classic toys (star wars He-man etc)

not gonna make you rich but there is a little thrill when you find something decent

Marty

Make the visit to the national space centre, I enjoyed it. rammed with kids though,

Could do with some suggestions....

Houchens Head

Alton Towers? Blackpool? A day at Warwick Races? Mallory Park motor racing? Warwick Castle? There's loads to do if you think about it.

NorthernWisdom

Alton Towers? Blackpool? A day at Warwick Races? Mallory Park motor racing? Warwick Castle? There's loads to do if you think about it.
Yup, depends what the OP likes, and whether they're willing to pay too!

Silverstone Classsic's coming up, that's a good day. Buy a year's membership for English Heritage and / or National Trust and do all the properties around here and beyond, pick a town at random and visit it on the train...

bringbackrattles

Get a window cleaning round in Coventry. As when it rains your customers tell you to piss off and come back when it is dry, so that'll be about September then ?

Users who are viewing this thread